Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2003, 07:42 PM

I am flying in to Miami and want advice on whether or not to take the transfer service thru Carnival to ship or a Taxi? We will arrive around 11am, and have time to taxi, but if we opt the transfer will we have wait around until 2PM?? Price difference, transfers are @ $20?
Old 04-04-2003, 07:42 PM

I am flying in to Miami and want advice on whether or not to take the transfer service thru Carnival to ship or a Taxi? We will arrive around 11am, and have time to taxi, but if we opt the transfer will we have wait around until 2PM?? Price difference, transfers are @ $20?
Old 04-05-2003, 11:20 AM

I have only cruised once before, and really was impressed with the transfer service that we purchased through our TA with Carnival. It went very smoothly, and the transfer company {Coach USA} took our luggage when we got on the bus, and then we didn't have to worry about it again until we were onboard the ship, it arrived straight to our cabin! Although we did not however check out the taxi situation, we did pay $30 per person round trip for the transfer, and that was from Ft. Lauderdale airport to the port in Miami. I would check into that pick up time for the transfer bus, we caught our bus from the Ft. Lauderdale airport at 11:00, and were one of the first to arrive on the ship., not much of a wait at all to board. Next time that we cruise i would definately do the shuttle again, i was very impressed with the service, and being dropped off right at the point in which we embarked the ship. That area in which the taxi's and busses drop passengers off to board the ships is quite the mess. I feel you are best to go with the shuttle, we seemed to have gotten through the traffic mess very smoothly.....we bypassed quite a lot of traffic via the route which our bus took to get us to the drop off point, and I know we saved quite alot of time doing so. This is just my opinion, as i have said we are just first time cruisers!!
Old 04-07-2003, 08:17 PM

We did the Carnival transfers on our first two cruises and taxis ever since. Price is about the same. Taxi driver picks you up when you're ready to leave, drops you off right where your luggage is to be unloaded, and you walk into the terminal. Transfer, if you're not there at the best time, you may load on the bus the minute you arrive or you may wait 30 minutes to an hour for other passengers to arrive. Then the transfer driver expects a tip for every bag unloaded even though he touches it less than the taxi driver. You can see we decided taxis fit our lifestyle better! If we had more money, limos it would be!
Old 04-09-2003, 07:19 AM

Both Miami and Fort Lauderdale also have shuttle service. This is cheaper than the taxi. The disadvantage is that the shuttle may make several stops before yours. I have used this twice. On Saturday and Sunday they generally have full shuttles going directly to the ports.

Both this and taxis are better, and cheaper, than the cruise shuttle which only leave at certain times.

Closed Thread

Tags
airport, cab, caribbean, carnival, carnivals, cheaper, fort, ft, jacksonville, lauderdale, port, royal, service, services, taxi, taxit, transfer