Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2006, 11:05 AM

I used the soda car and let my girlfriend use it as well. We bought 1 card and shared it. You just flash it at the bartender and he'd bring a drink. He never asked to see id or even read the name on it apparently.

And booze, the old food colored rum and vodka worked beautifully ! Get the plastic mouthwash bottles, wash em good, dump in your clear liquor of choice and add in half a teaspoon of the food coloring. Mixing the green and blue makes and exact scope look . You save a ton of cash adding this to your soda the whole time.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:33 PM

Yea, easglesrlife....it's people like you braking all the rules that causes EVERYONE to be subjected to search. Like at all the airports today...no liquid or gel..not even toothpaste or deoderant. Come on and just obey the rules for EVERYONE's safety.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:56 PM

Exactly Rodney- Can you imaging what the xray screener is going to do after today when your luggage full of liquid is going through the X-RAY? Good luck seeing that bag again...

Unless you are driving, the bottles in the luggage is no longer worth any savings you may get from bringing your own. It won;t be long before the cruise lines security will use this as an excuse to not let any liquid on board.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 08-10-2006, 02:05 PM

Jim,
Do you think this could affect the sales of Dr. Scholls Gel foot pads? You've seen the ads on TV - I'm gellin', are you gellin'?

Old 08-10-2006, 02:30 PM

Depends on the current Dr. Scholls sales to shoe bomber demographic numbers..

I just can imagine the insanity in the airports today when people were being told they would have to check their electronics and "liquids"... "Excuse me Mr. Security guard but does it count if my bladder is full from standing in line for 2 hours???"
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 08-11-2006, 04:17 PM

We just got back from our cruise...We took a 12 pack of coke and 12 bottles of water in plain site when checking in. Since the ice bucket in our room was refilled twice a day, this worked out well whenever we were in our cabin. We didn't purchase the soda card and were quite satisfied with the coffee, juices, etc. that were offered.

Judy
Old 08-12-2006, 02:16 AM

Judy, Thanks for posting that. You saved some money, plus had the convenience of not having to go to a bar everytime you want a soda/pop or pay double or more for a bottle of water. Unfortuneatly only drive to port people can usually do this. You almost saved enough to cover them gouging $75 to park your car.

Hope you had a great cruise,

IslandCruz
Old 08-14-2006, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by h2owatson:
Waterboy? I can't drink more than one soda at a time so why would that be a problem? When I am done with the soda I am drinking I get another. Amazing how it works.
Ok... let me catch you up here. Waterboy was just a joke referring to your screenname, H20.

I thought in your original post, you said you got all the pop you wanted... "I never had a problem getting any number of sodas".

Now you are saying that you had to go back and forth just like the rest of us... "When I am done with the soda I am drinking I get another."

Why don't they just give out cans of full pop?
Wouldn't that be easier? I think it would be. I could take the can down to my room and put as much or as little ice in my own cup, and drink it how I please. As opposed to going up a few decks just to get some pop.

Dramamine? We dont need no stinking Dramamine!

Old 08-14-2006, 12:23 PM

Ok Hermy, I questioned your use of "waterboy" because I thought it funny you assume I am male. I am not. When I get sodas I ask for light on the ice or no ice since I don't like my drinks watered down. And I did take the soda to my cabin and it was sufficient while I was there until I left my cabin again for a show or whatever. I only bought one soda from the "fridge" while I was on the cruise. I guess some people drink more soda than others.
Old 08-14-2006, 01:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Hermy:

Why don't they just give out cans of full pop?
Because full cans are for those who pay the full price and don't get the soda card. Can you imagine the uproar if soda card holders were getting the same thing as non-card users, for a lesser price? This would lead just about everyone to get soda cards - and then what's the point in them?

It used to be bar fountain soft drinks only and the cans were reserved for those buying by the drink. Carnival got away from using the fountain syrup setup and hence the soda card drinks being poured from cans.

Closed Thread

Tags
alcoholic, becerages, beverage, beverages, board, bringing, carnival, celebrity, coke, cruise, cruises, drink, fantasy, onboard, ship, sihouette, soda, taking