Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2006, 01:49 PM

I have been reading some reviews and it looks as though we can bring our own 'non-alcoholic' beverages. Has anyone here done this before and would they recommend it? Or is it just as easy to buy a beverage card?

Judy
Old 07-26-2006, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Guests may bring a small quantity of nonalcoholic beverages. All liquor, excessive quantities of wine and nonalcoholic beverages, to be determined at the discretion of security and/or embarkation personnel, will be confiscated and discarded without compensation.
Moderation is the key word!

Old 07-26-2006, 02:47 PM

Depends on if you are driving or flying to the port. If you don't mind packing and carrying your own bevvies then go for it. (And we have done it), but depending on how many of you there is going on the cruise, the price of the drink card (about $7 a day for an adult) may be worth it not to have to lug the drinks around.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 07-26-2006, 06:20 PM

Also depends on your beverage of choice. I drink Diet Dr. Pepper and I just carry at least 1 12 pack. Last cruise, I packed the beverages for the 3 cabins that were traveling together in a separate suit case (it wasn't an issue as we live in the port town) and I didn't get questioned about 3 12 packs in the case ... also had 2 bottle of wine and a false bottle of water for stronger spirits.
Old 07-27-2006, 02:03 AM

Yes, it could be restrictive if you are flying directly to go to the port due to the weight. I usually take 6 16oz bottles of my soda as is not available onboard and 2 gallons of water right in open site without any question. But I drive to the port also.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:28 AM

My wife and I did the drink card thing. I must say I was a little disappointed with the whole "one pop per customer" thing. They give it to you in a glass of ice, so essentially you are getting half a can of pop. If you are getting a beverage to take to your room, plan on making a few trips back to a pop station/bar.

On a side note, the had no Mountain Dew, which I am way too hooked on. I realize they use Coke products, but they didn't even have any of Mt. Dew's evil cousin... Mellow Yellow.
I have never had so much coffee in my life in my attempt to keep up with my addiction to caffine! LOL!
I will be bringing my own Dew's on the next trip.

Dramamine? We dont need no stinking Dramamine!

Old 08-04-2006, 07:37 PM

In my opinion I don't want to pack around sodas. I want the cruise to be simple and easy. That is one of the reasons I like the soda card. You pay a price and get sodas. I never had a problem getting any number of sodas nor did I have a problem with the bartenders that gave them to me. As for taking the soda to your room I bought one from the mini fridge when I wanted which was only a couple times. Why are you going to go on a cruise if you are going to worry about a couple bucks for a soda.
Old 08-05-2006, 05:40 AM

Some people try to conserve so they can cruise more often. Some times the cruise does not offer their drink of choice. When I am driving to the port I bring my own also.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by h2owatson:
In my opinion I don't want to pack around sodas. I want the cruise to be simple and easy. That is one of the reasons I like the soda card. You pay a price and get sodas. I never had a problem getting any number of sodas nor did I have a problem with the bartenders that gave them to me. As for taking the soda to your room I bought one from the mini fridge when I wanted which was only a couple times. Why are you going to go on a cruise if you are going to worry about a couple bucks for a soda.
Ok Waterboy,
It wasn't the price of the pop... it was the principal of it. We paid to get unlimited soda. We DID get unlimited soda, but the accessability of it in our case was poor. That was my point.
We were told only one pop at a time. I wish I had been on your ship were you could take 2 or 3 at a time.

Dramamine? We dont need no stinking Dramamine!

Old 08-10-2006, 10:59 AM

Waterboy? I can't drink more than one soda at a time so why would that be a problem? When I am done with the soda I am drinking I get another. Amazing how it works.

Closed Thread

Tags
alcoholic, becerages, beverage, beverages, board, bringing, carnival, celebrity, coke, cruise, cruises, drink, fantasy, onboard, ship, sihouette, soda, taking