Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2008, 12:30 PM

I am now counting down the days till I leave on my 7 day Carnival cruise upon the Conquest!!!! I've been researching on things to pack. Kinda gets a little intimidating when a "list" 8 pages long prints out Can anyone kinda sum up the types of clothes I need to be packing(how formal?/what to wear to dinner/what to wear to shows)? I'd appreciate any help. Thanks, Kim
Old 02-04-2008, 12:51 PM
Having been on 7 cruises so far, take as little as possible with you. They have washing machines & driers on board if you need them. I always seem to overpack myself. For the formal nights I have seen anywhere from prom dresses dripping with sequins to nicer dresses that you would wear to church. I usually go middle of the road & get a really nice sun dress. Also if this is a 7 day cruise there will be two formal nights. Make sure the dressy shoes that you bring match both dresses that you plan to wear. This cuts down on the amount of shoes you will take. I have found that the most I wear is flip-flops around the boat & tennis shoes out in the port. Then my dressy shoes for the dinners. During the day you are most likely to be in a swim-suit & cover-up. At night a nice pair of capri pants goes a long way. Not sure of your age I am 35 & so I'm not dressing like an old grandma. It also feels a little cooler on the boat than you would like bring along a sweater in a netureal color as to match all your outfits. Most of all relax & have fun. 103 days till we cruie on Carnival Glory.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:37 PM

Macleodc is correct people over pack. If you have an 8 page list, look at if and cut it in half, then look at that list and cut it in half.

Old 02-04-2008, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Rutledge0116:
I am now counting down the days till I leave on my 7 day Carnival cruise upon the Conquest!!!! I've been researching on things to pack. Kinda gets a little intimidating when a "list" 8 pages long prints out Can anyone kinda sum up the types of clothes I need to be packing(how formal?/what to wear to dinner/what to wear to shows)? I'd appreciate any help. Thanks, Kim
I agree with the others. Daywear is usually shorts/capris or bathing suits with a cover up. Dining room in the evening is anything other than shorts and jeans. I try to do two pairs of slacks and enough tops that match one or the other for the number of nights on the ship. Formal evenings a dress is pretty much the norm, but as macleodc suggested one pair of dress shoes that match both is the best. There are lots of suggestions for a million things to take along. Most of them you won't miss if you leave them home.

Have a great crusie!
Old 02-06-2008, 07:13 PM

I can not stress enough....Do NOT Over Pack.
I remember our 1st cruise...we each had (1) suitcase that we NEVER TOUCHED.

Bring all Mix-n-Match clothes.

Since you don't really get dirty on the ship, you can wear (1) pr of pants several times if you just change the shirt.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:37 PM

THANKS YA'LL FOR ALL THE HELP! I WAS JUST NOT TOO SURE AS TO WHAT TO WEAR TO DINNER AND SHOWS. I APPRECIATE THE INFO

WOULD DRESS SHORTS(PLAID)AND WEDGE SHOES BE ACCEPTABLE FOR EVENING DINNERS??

FYI: MY AGE IS 28
Old 02-06-2008, 08:14 PM

The shorts would not be acceptable for the formal dining room during dinner. They are perfectly fine for the casual/buffet dining area.

For a link to Carnival's dress codes click here.

Dwayne
Old 02-06-2008, 08:30 PM

Hi Rutledge0116, I realize you are excited about your cruise, but please turn off your CAPS Lock button when posting here. It is considered as shouting to post in all CAPS. Just wanted to let you know.

Dwayne
Old 02-07-2008, 01:39 AM

Sorry IslandCruz. I'm at work and the computer that I was previously typing on is permanently on caps lock. I didn't mean to "shout" at anyone!
Old 02-07-2008, 07:28 AM

Hey, we're going on the exact same cruise!

Closed Thread