Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2008, 06:16 AM

I think the article is vague on how the program will work. If they follow what HAL did with "As you Wish Dining", then one level of the dining room will be open and the other level fixed. The article almost leads one to think people would just be wandering in among the fixed sitting. There certainly will be glitches, as there are in anything new, but if one level is designated for open dining the kitchen should be able to handle it without too much heartache. It actually should provide less pressure on the cooks to have meals spread out more. That was the reason Carnival went to the two early times, and two late times, on some of the ships. I prefer fixed dining myself, but the cruise lines change with what the clients demand. Hopefully it won't be too rough of a transition.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:47 AM

I enjoy the Personal Choice dining, you get to meet more people. It is fun to have traditional as well. I have seem to notice the dining room problems f-mattox mentioned on Princess a lot, especially on the last evening of the cruise. Hmmm...wonder why
Old 07-19-2008, 10:00 PM

They are supposed to implement the dining option November 1st. on the Liberty as well.

Dwayne
Old 08-22-2008, 10:38 PM

Not to be spreading rumors, but I have been told this new dining option will most likely be implemented fleet wide through out 2009. Has anyone tried it on the Legend yet?

Dwayne
Old 08-26-2008, 08:56 AM

We sail on Legend in Sept of 2009. I am so glad that I opted for early seating. My first experience with "anytime dining" was on the Star Princess when we went to Alaska, although the food was good, the service was less than expected. I will never do that option again.

Read and post cruise reviews

St. Maarten Hotels & Resorts

2003 Carnival Victory - Western
2004 Carnival Celebration
2005 Carnival Glory - Western
2006 Carnival Glory - Eastern
2007 Carnival Liberty - Western
2008 Star Princess - Alaska
Old 08-27-2008, 04:45 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Guests who pre-reserve our Classic Reserved Dining (CRD) options (Main & Second sitting) will not be able to reserve Open Seating times.
I am glad to hear this, also. In our limited experience, this is also how it's done on HAL. We had assigned main (second) seating earlier this month on Ryndam, and my niece wanted to have dinner earlier one night so that she could catch a particular act in the show lounge. They wouldn't let her reserve in the AYWD area for one night, and I was glad for that (although sad for her).
Old 08-27-2008, 05:34 AM

Yes, the program so far is..choose it, or lose it.

Dwayne
Old 08-27-2008, 09:15 AM

I think that maybe carnival took a step back with the anytime dining. I love the dining experience, the same people every night,but that is just my opinion. I know you can not make everyone happy but with 2 to 3 thousand people trying to eat in 5 hrs...there has to be some structure. I will stick to the dining room myself.
If you are a first time cruiser you really dont understand how much fun the table can be. Just my thoughts.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:37 AM

We are sailing on the Freedom in Jan. Is it Legend-class ships, or just the Legend? I don't think I would ever choose flexible dining. If I didn't want to go to dinner, I would just go to the buffet.

I have to wonder, what happens if too many people choose traditional seating, or vice versa? If they're taking out a whole dining room (or even a level of a dining room), I could see that causing some dining room issues.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 09-03-2008, 01:38 PM

Quote:
We are sailing on the Freedom in Jan. Is it Legend-class ships, or just the Legend?
The Freedom is a Conquest-Class ship. So far, it is just the Legend and the Liberty.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
bistro, carnival, cruise, dining, dinner, legend, lines, open, options, people, pilot, review, reviews, seating, ship