Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2004, 10:08 AM

My family went cruised on the "Destiny" in early January and had a great time ... but upon arriving at home, my daughter's luggage never arrived and airline still hasn't found (probably won't). Anyway, from the Carnival Destiny Gift Shop we bought her a "towel" dog (small stuffed animal made to look like the towel animals that they leave in yr room every evening) and this was in the lost luggage. Since Carnival cannot sell these off-ship (they are duty-free), I am wondering if anyone planning a Carnival cruise would want to buy one and send to me if I send you money to cover it and postage (and maybe some extra for a drink or two)? I know this is a shot in the dark and I am riding on trust. If you can do this, let me know here or at jrh_1958@yahoo.com. Thanks! Jim
Old 02-20-2004, 10:08 AM

My family went cruised on the "Destiny" in early January and had a great time ... but upon arriving at home, my daughter's luggage never arrived and airline still hasn't found (probably won't). Anyway, from the Carnival Destiny Gift Shop we bought her a "towel" dog (small stuffed animal made to look like the towel animals that they leave in yr room every evening) and this was in the lost luggage. Since Carnival cannot sell these off-ship (they are duty-free), I am wondering if anyone planning a Carnival cruise would want to buy one and send to me if I send you money to cover it and postage (and maybe some extra for a drink or two)? I know this is a shot in the dark and I am riding on trust. If you can do this, let me know here or at jrh_1958@yahoo.com. Thanks! Jim
Old 02-20-2004, 01:27 PM
hey jim if nobody gets your little dog by oct. 2004 I will get one for you we are not cruising till then unless something pretty great comes up before then keep in touch if no one helps you I will gladly get one for you. I have some friends that are going in march see what I can do for you Fran
Old 02-20-2004, 08:14 PM

I am cruising Carnival next Thursday 26th and would be happy to help you. My daughter celebrated her 14th birthday on a Carnival cruise this summer and got a towel cow for her birthday from her new cruise friends. She loved it. Sharon

bettyx4@cox.net
Old 02-21-2004, 10:42 AM

Sharon, Thanks for the help. I can send money for all now or when you return. I am guessing the dog was about $10, postage maybe around $3-5 and I'll throw in $20 for drinks for you. Let me know what works better - before or after. Thanks again!
Jim

quote:
Originally posted by sharon:
I am cruising Carnival next Thursday 26th and would be happy to help you. My daughter celebrated her 14th birthday on a Carnival cruise this summer and got a towel cow for her birthday from her new cruise friends. She loved it. Sharon

bettyx4@cox.net
Old 02-21-2004, 10:43 AM

Fran, thanks for the reply! If I am unable to get prior to your cruise I will let you know. Enjoy your cruise! Jim
quote:
Originally posted by peachcrek:
hey jim if nobody gets your little dog by oct. 2004 I will get one for you we are not cruising till then unless something pretty great comes up before then keep in touch if no one helps you I will gladly get one for you. I have some friends that are going in march see what I can do for you Fran
Old 02-21-2004, 11:09 AM

We just returned from the Paradise and bought a little towel pal for our son. They only had the bunny and the monkey available so you might see what her second choice is in case they don't have them all. It cost $7.00. Good luck, and keep calling on the luggage with a description. don't wait for them to call you. I know how frustrating lost luggage can be.
Old 02-21-2004, 11:45 AM

If you know someone going on Royal Caribbean, you may be able to get an animal from them too. I was just on one of their cruises and they had the same kind of little towel animals for sale, same price. Not all cruise lines do the animals, but Carnival, Royal Caribbean and Disney do.
Old 02-22-2004, 06:35 PM

Jim
We will be leaving on the Conquest on April 4th if you can't get one by then let me know and I would be glad to look for you
you can e-mail me at thebhiv@yahoo.com (before April 1 )
good luck with your luggage
- Jen.
Old 02-23-2004, 08:25 PM

Well sounds like Jim that your going to get taken care of! We have an extra elephant towel animal if that helps. Good Luck!

~gina~

Celebration 12/03
Ecstacy 11/04

Closed Thread

Tags
animal, animals, buy, canival, carnival, cruise, dogs, gift, made, money, mouse, ship, shop, stuffed, towel, towels