Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2008, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by SanDee:
I have had the same problem too. Mine still says incomplete. I figured it is because I have not given credit card information. I have never had to do that before. Not sure which one I will use at this point. It is frustrating as the last 3 or 4 times it was a breeze.
The last time I cruise (Feb 08) they asked at check in if I wanted to use the card I had on the fun pass. So just chose a card and change it at the dock if you want to.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:13 PM
Apparently that is not it as I still get incomplete. I just called Carnival and they said it is because the system is down. I replied that unless the system has been down for days that is not the problem. They asked me to call tomorrow. We will see. I would really like to get this completed. Actually it is completed as far as I am concerned. Carnival wants to say it isn't. I do not want to get to the port and have an agent ask me why I did not complete it online?
Old 05-12-2008, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SanDee:
Apparently that is not it as I still get incomplete. I just called Carnival and they said it is because the system is down. I replied that unless the system has been down for days that is not the problem. They asked me to call tomorrow. We will see. I would really like to get this completed. Actually it is completed as far as I am concerned. Carnival wants to say it isn't. I do not want to get to the port and have an agent ask me why I did not complete it online?
Aren't all these computer programs designed to make our lives easier wonderful? Machines so they don't have to talk to us. Computers so we have to do their work and they can have fewer employees. Customer service personel that read from a script, with answers as clever as any political spech writer at using lots of words and saying nothing. Then saying "Does that answer your question? That's all it says on my screen. I'm sorry I'll have to get a manager for that, do you mind holding until a week from Tuesday or would you like to call back?" Before you answer, .

So you can write them, you'll get a nice form letter from somebody with a big title that has never read the letter formed by committee. It doesn't matter, it say thanks for your concern, we're thriller to have you as a client and are addressing your concerns. Then has the script from the computer screen you were read earlier that started the problem. That's pretty much the state of things today for the public when they want someone to hear them. It's not Carnival, its all of them. Airlines, cruiselines, product manufacturers, corporate offices for corporations whose products we spend our hard earned dollars on every day.

If anyone in corporate industry ever comes up with a sollution and actually impliments it they'll be gazillionaires overnight.

Cheers, Neil
Old 05-12-2008, 08:08 PM

I would blame it on my TA . Just kidding Neil.
My booked excursions are still not showing up. I have not called yet... would rather have a couple root canals .
One of my son's is a software engineer for a garage start up .com company. I just love to hear him complain about site being set up wrong. He goes a little wild sometimes, but he does know what he is doing.

Old 05-12-2008, 08:38 PM

Quote:
I would blame it on my TA
I take full responsibility, where should I send the form letter? By the way if you'd like to discuss it leave me a voice mail, I'll forward your concern to Carnival in the morning.

Cheers, Neil
Old 05-13-2008, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by gdjoslin:
I would blame it on my TA . Just kidding Neil.
My booked excursions are still not showing up. I have not called yet... would rather have a couple root canals .
One of my son's is a software engineer for a garage start up .com company. I just love to hear him complain about site being set up wrong. He goes a little wild sometimes, but he does know what he is doing.
Gary, The site says that the shore excursions can be booked online beginning 120 days from sail date. Maybe you are trying too soon.
Old 05-13-2008, 05:40 AM

Dwayne. The system let us book and took our money months ago. It has always showed the excursions as booked, until the last few weeks.
It seems like we had our last Carnival Excursions on the Spirit booked 6 months out also.
We are 159 days out now. I just tried booking an excursion. I got all the way thru..just did not hit the final book button.
Looks like I am going to have to call them.
Thanks

Old 05-13-2008, 11:42 AM

I was hoping they had the site finished. If you call, please post back about what they said. Thanks.

Dwayne
Old 05-13-2008, 03:06 PM

I have not had a chance to call. However I stopped by my TA and asked her. She is going to call. I will let you know what she says.

Old 05-13-2008, 06:39 PM
I called Carnival today. I said the only thing I did not complete was the credit card info. She said I could check cash and then we were disconnected. For some reason I did not see that before so I clicked cash and it completed my funpass so I did not have to call them back! Only 12 days till sailing!

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, deadline, filling, free, fun, funpass, image, logo, number, online, pass, picture, print, telephone, toll