Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2008, 11:16 AM

hi,
having trouble processing funpass on line, does anyone know if possible to just do it when we turn up for embarkation. It's sooooo frustrating, not getting any joy from Carnival, so if anyone could let me know i would appreciate it.

Thks karen

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 05-08-2008, 11:29 AM

Yes, you can do it on embarkation day. BUT! You will have to be at the check-in counter at least 90 minutes prior to departure. So you should be in line at least 3 hours prior. I strongly recommend you get it completed ahead of time.

You can also call the information in. The number is:

1-866-236-6670 ext. 70525

Dwayne
Old 05-08-2008, 12:31 PM
Administrator

What is the problem with the funpass processing?
Old 05-08-2008, 12:35 PM

After 6 attempts and no help from Carnival, I finally got mine completed. Maybe I can help as well. Their website really is NOT user friendly.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:37 PM
Administrator

My booking for the cruise-chat cruise shows as being "on hold". I can see my Funpass but it won't print.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:41 PM

I was having trouble with mine too. After many attempts, it kept saying incomplete. I kept trying different things. Finally realized that it was because I had put parentheses around the area codes on my emergency phone numbers. Once I removed that. Ta da!!! Complete.
2005-Carnival Holiday
1996-Commodore Enchanted Isle
1995-Commodore Enchanted Seas
1992-Commodore Enchanted Seas
1983-Carnival Carnivale
Old 05-08-2008, 12:43 PM

I should have asked that too! The site has been acting screwy for 6 days now.

Here is a help link.

Dwayne
Old 05-08-2008, 01:18 PM
Administrator

My general view of the various cruise line websites is that most of them are poorly laid out. It is amazing really, the lack of user-friendliness is profound. I am not impressed with Carnival's latest version. Of course, the fact that it isn't Apple friendly makes it bad for me. It shows a lack of vision to build a new website that is set up for Windows and Internet Explorer. Last time I looked, Firefox was considered a common browser and Mac computers were selling like hot cakes.

I finally printed my Funpass. It was annoying. I ended up having to copy the Funpass image from the screen and save it as a jpeg file. Some may think I am being petty, but not being able to print my documents easily gives me reason to not bother booking another Carnival cruise until they get their act together. I can print my docs and sail and sign pass for our RCI cruise with no problems. The RCI site, while still poorly laid out, at least works with all computers and browsers.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:38 PM

Mine kept saying incomplete, too. I figured it out finally, I hadn't accepted the terms. I had to hit the edit link, download Adobe reader, the pdf did not display, but at least the check box for accept appeared. I accepted for both Ron and myself, and was finally able to print the Fun Pass. By the time I finally got to print it, the Fun was gone out of the Fun Pass.
Old 05-08-2008, 04:13 PM

The funny thing is, Carnival once had among the most user friendly and easy to navigate sites of any line. Then they went to tinkering with it! Now there isn't the big red "Fun Pass", Click Here" logo on the home page anymore and you have to dig for everything. Certain ships go missing from time to time, right now its Celebration, a few times they seem to have lost the Victory or another ship from the drop down menu. Penny has a very good point about accepting their terms and conditions. I get a couple of calls a week asking why their system won;t work. Its usually either that little box, "I accept terms and conditions" or a ship is missing for a couple of days. HAL improved their site dramatically frome the old system that took several minutes between screens no matter how fast your connection. Then after they got it just right, they too tinkered with it adding a bunch of useless information required like the address and phone of your hotel and other info they don't need to complete a proper registration. I just wish when they get a site working right, they'd jusy leave it alone and quit trying to improve upon it.

Cheers, Neil

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, deadline, filling, free, fun, funpass, image, logo, number, online, pass, picture, print, telephone, toll