Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2007, 10:00 AM

I'm looking at the Carnival Liberty and Carnival Valor and trying to decide which is better - in terms of itineraries and ships.

The Liberty's itinerary is Miami-Cozumel-Grand Cayman-Ochos Rios-Miami; there are 3 days at sea

The Valor's itinerary is Miami-Grand Cayman-Roatan-Belize-Cozumel-Miami; there are 3 days at sea.

Is there much to do in Roatan and Belize? Also, the Carnival Legend visits the same places as the Valor but the ship is smaller..is there more or less to do on the Legend?

Thanks!
Old 11-04-2007, 12:36 PM

Have you ever done either itinerary? If not, it won't make much difference. It'll all be new and exciting. I'm not a big fan of Jamaica on the first and not a big fan of Belize on the other. I love Grand Cayman and Cozumel on both so I'd have to decide based on cost. You won't be disappointed with either choice. Have a great vacation!

Cheers, Neil
Old 11-05-2007, 11:58 AM

As far as the ships go, you can't go wrong on either one. The Liberty is the newest and does have the movie screen where you can watch the movies outside while swimming in the pool. The plus side to this itinerary is it stops in Ocho Rios and NOT Montego Bay, Jamaica where you can go to Dunns River Falls and not have the 2 hour drive. I DO NOT like Belize at all. But this is just MY opinion only, so, you can take it just like it is.... everybody has one.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:39 AM
If you go to Ocho Rios you must do the Dunn's River Falls it is awesome.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 11-06-2007, 01:05 PM

Have been on both the Valor and the Liberty....both are beautiful ships. You will however get lots of opinions from lots of different people as to what they liked best.
So, here is mine;
I liked the idea of the big screen on the Liberty to sit out and watch the evening movies, and the ship was of course beautiful. I however would never go back to Jamaica (Ocho Rios)....I pick my cruises based on the fact that that port is not in my itinerary.
You can still cruise the Liberty with an itinerary to avoid Jamaica. We cruised the western carribbean last year, and Jamaica was not in the itinerary.
The Valor was also beautiful, loved the decor on that ship as well. I will have to say that the itinerary on the Valor (Exotic Western) has been our favorite cruise thus far. In Belize we did a private cave tubing excursion that was amazing...much better than offered through Carnival. We definately plan on going back to Roatan again soon., we took a taxi to West Bay Beach in Roatan that turned out to be the most beautiful beach we have ever been to!!
As mentioned you will get many personal opinions on these ships and ports. Your best bet would be to read the reviews on each of the ships., and try and find some threads that have info on each of the ports of both ships.
We pick our cruises with the itinerary in mind.
hope this helps!

Closed Thread

Tags
carnaval, carnival, carnivalvalororliberty3f, cruise, legend, libert, liberty, movies, ocho, rios, screen, ship, valor, versus, vs