Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2006, 12:50 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm leaving for my cruise in just a couple of days...very exciting right now. Ok just wondering about a couple of things. First ordering off the room service menu is free right except for pop and beer? On the days that we port and we are joining a couple excursion that are not with Carnival, do we have time to grap some breakfast before we go?

As with tipping, if I decided to do the manual thing and give out envelop at the end, when do I tell Carnival that? And who do you usually tip to? Maid, waiter/waitress and?

thanks,

carmen
Old 04-25-2006, 01:42 PM

You should tell the purser as soon as you are on board that you don't want the tips added to your bill. If you're not going to do the automatic tipping, then you should tip your waiter, assistant waiter, matre d, cabin steward, bartender, and any other servers. Of course, this depends on whether you feel they deserve it. We normally leave automatic tipping on, then tip servers who bring drinks as they bring them or bartenders when we order a drink. We then tip extra to those that deserve extra at the end of the cruise. Room service food is free, but we always tip when they deliver. The buffet line opens at 6:00 am daily, so you will have time to eat before you go ashore. Enjoy your cruise!!
Old 04-26-2006, 11:23 AM

If your worried about breakfast when you do an excursion...you can order room service the night before and eat while you get ready.

Closed Thread