Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2005, 01:41 PM

I was hoping that I might find someone who is arriving at the George Bush International airport on Sat. Aug 13, 2005. My wife and I are arriving at the airport at 12:50 in the afternoon. WE are hoping to rent a limo to take us to Galveston (the departure docks). The limo is $175 and would be waiting at the airport to take us directly to the ship. Please reply if you want to split the cost and travel in style!!!!!!!
Old 05-26-2005, 02:17 PM

Holy Cow! I wish I was....
Old 05-26-2005, 02:43 PM

Okay I thought I would make this easier for people to decide.

Here are the options to get from IAH to Galveston.

Taxi: $250 roundtrip

Shuttle:
thru Carnival $132 ($66 per person roundtrip)
thru galvestonlimousine.com $120
Limo:This assumes 4 people in the limo

extremeelegance.com $140 per couple roundtrip

So you can pay $20 more and get to travel in style. Ask me if you have any questions. This is the way to go!!!!!!!

This site explains it also.....
http://www.extremeelegance.com/GALVE...LIMOUSINE.html
Old 06-03-2005, 01:00 PM

One to Eight people ride to the cruise ship terminal at Galveston for the price of one, with ALL your bags in the luggage area, NOT in your lap or at your feet.

We will also provide you with a free tour of Galveston upon arrival.

http://www.cruiseshipshuttle.com
Old 06-03-2005, 02:44 PM

Hey - I live between Houston & Galveston (League City) and for that kind of money I will drive to IAH pick you guys up in my truck and take you to Galveston. Hell, for the money the limo is charging I'll throw in lunch!!!! Have a good cruise.
Old 06-03-2005, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bandaslentz:
I was hoping that I might find someone who is arriving at the George Bush International airport on Sat. Aug 13, 2005. My wife and I are arriving at the airport at 12:50 in the afternoon. WE are hoping to rent a limo to take us to Galveston (the departure docks). The limo is $175 and would be waiting at the airport to take us directly to the ship. Please reply if you want to split the cost and travel in style!!!!!!!
For the rate your paying for that LIMO, the Limo should be buying you lunch.
Old 06-06-2005, 07:46 AM

Alright if you can get my wife and I from IAH to Galveston for less than $66 per person roundtrip. (less than $140 for both roundtrip) then I am all for it.

But here is the catch. I was not able to use shuttle service because our plane arrives at 12:50 on Aug 13. We have to be to Galveston by 3:30. All of the shuttles seem to leave IAH at 12:30. So that is why we can't take a shuttle because they are all gone by the time our flight gets in. If you know of a shuttle that can get me to galveston for that price and at that time I am all for it.

But if I can get another couple to go in with me for a LIMO then I would rather travel in style.
Old 06-07-2005, 07:05 AM

I just called a friend of mine who owns a limo service. I was asking him about prices from IAH to Galveston. He said the prices you quoted were about right. So, the bottom line is that if you want to go in STYLE you are going to have to pay the price.
Old 06-07-2005, 07:25 AM

Exactly.

And the price is about the same or cheaper than a shuttle bus.

So as I said if anyone wants to go form IAH to Galveston in style for about $70 ROUNDTRIP per person then let me know!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
airport, bush, carnival, cost, cruise, express, find, galveston, iah, leaves, limo, line, liner, shuttle, time, transfer, travel