Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2004, 05:24 AM

I was told by some friends that just returned from a Western Carribbean cruise that they would each carry a bottle of water with them throughout the day in port. When you have drank all the water, go to a liquor store in town and you can purchase any clear liquor (i.e. vodka, rum, etc.) and pour it into the water bottle and walk right back on the ship with it.

As far as keeping the bottles of liquor packed in your suitcasees on the ship...I saw someone mention wrapping them in bubble wrap. I thought that was a great idea.

Hope this gives you some help.
Old 02-19-2004, 10:41 AM
Banned

We always buy liquor in the ports for our room. I put it in my purse as they never search purses.
Old 02-20-2004, 07:17 PM
Banned

Booze does come in plastic bottles! You don't need bubble wrap. Put them in your checked luggage right along side your bottles of mouthwash and shampoo and conditioner and hairspray and sun tan lotion and well, you get my drift!
Old 02-29-2004, 07:50 AM

Just to wade in on what has already been said, it is easy to load liquor in your checked luggage. I usually put rum or vodka in plastic water bottles and put them in large zip locked bags, then tape with packing tape just in case they spill. Last cruise I bought a bottle of Jim Beam and simply put it in my luggage and surrounded it with clothes (a little risky). No problems at all. The stewards don't care and it appears they don't xray luggage or they don't care. We also would get room service to bring tomato juice and orange juice for bloody mary's and screwdrivers. I suggest a small bottle of Tabasco if you do this. Enjoy!
Old 03-01-2004, 05:25 AM

We just returned from the Legend 2/17. We took some champagne from home, wrapped in bubble wrap and inside a ziplock bag and it made it to the room no problem. We purchased 4 bottles of wine and carried them on saying they were for dinner. We purchased big bottles of rum and whiskey, a couple of boxed of wine and 24 beer - all made it safe and sound to the room in our checked luggage. I had the checked luggage locked with a cable strap and I know they searched the one bag as the strap was gone. The booze was just left alone and shipped off to the room.

Closed Thread

Tags
beer, bottles, bring, bringing, checked, cruise, licour, liquor, lugagge, luggage, norwegian, pack, putting, suitcase, water