Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2007, 03:34 AM

Hi everyone,
I haven't made my mind up yet , but it's for sure that I'm leaving on a cruise by the end of this year (maybe oct. or nov.). ...Since I'm young and free, I can manage it anyway I want it.
BUT, there's a big BUT..

I would like to take a cruise where there will be mostly young people.. or maybe....( I've come up with an idea).. making first a "virtual" group of friends and then go all together on a cruise, it would be fun!!!! I'm not thinking specially about "singles cruise" as my intention is making friends first of all. (By the way, I was told that Carnival's guests are mostly under 30, aren't they?)

So, my doubt is.... are there a lot 20-30 aged guys and girls who would consider this idea??

Or at least provide me the info when do usually young people under 30 go on these cruises.

I forgot to mention that I was thinking of Carribean Cruise.

Thanks in advance and look forward to "reading" you soon!

Saki.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:58 AM

Welcome to cruise chat, MissSaki. True, many of Carnival's guests are in the 20's and 30's but you will see all ages on the ship. You will find it very easy to meet people and you will have a plethora of opportunities to mingle with others in your age group. If you scroll down on the main topic page, you will find a forum dedicated to "singles and parents without partners." You might find some helpful information there as well. Once again, welcome and I am sure that others will be chiming in soon to give you any help that you may need.
Old 07-18-2007, 06:54 AM

The average age of Carnival cruisers is mid forties. But as drlivingston says you will see all ages. Carnival also carries more senior citizens than any cruise line. How young are you? Carnival's rules are that everyone sailing in the cabin must be 21 or over. If everyone sailing in the cabin isn't 21 than there must be a 25 year old in the cabin.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:51 AM

The 3 or 4 day cruises (i.e, Fascination to Bahamas) are where you will find the most young people. However no ship will be "mostly 20's and 30's". Many people in that age group do not have the disposable cash to cruise on a regular basis as compared to retired folks, families and empty-nesters.

General rule, the shorter (cheaper) the cruise, the younger the passengers.

You may want to try one of the cyber travel group cruises. Vacationstogo.com, cruisingforlove.com, singlescruises.com. Do not let the group's names deter you because it is more about enjoying the vacation in a group setting than dating, matching or hooking up.

Good luck and

happy cruzin'

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Victory, CCL Imagination, CCL Victory

Past Cruzes: RCCL Navigator, RCCL Majesty, CCL Destiny,
Glory (2007),Liberty (2007), Fantasy (2007), Destiny (2006), PofAm (2005), Inspiration (2005), Fascination (2004), Victory (2004), Fascination (2004), RCCL VOS(2003), Fantasy (1999)
Old 07-18-2007, 01:04 PM

Hi Saki,

We are a young couple also within the 20-30 range. Too bad you are planning on leaving Oct. or Nov. b/c we are leaving in late Aug. We are also interested in meeting any young travelers, singles and/or couples alike. Maybe we'll catch one another on the next go-round. How often do you travel?
Old 07-18-2007, 01:40 PM
Banned

Just a word of warning....that age thing; it's contagious. Make sure you get the repellant and for gosh sakes, keep the antidote with you at all times..
Old 07-19-2007, 05:02 AM

Youth is wasted on the young.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:00 AM
Banned

So is energy.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:34 PM

I agree. Next question!
Old 07-20-2007, 04:04 AM

Thanks to all!!
I'm perfectly conscious of the difficulty that represents my youth, so I was hoping there are somewhere people like me: young , independant and willing to travel.

Thanks guys!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
20s, age, carnival, cruise, cruises, group, liberty, olds, review, singles, solo, travelers, travellers, year, young