Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2007, 10:09 AM

I am currently booked on RCCL - Voyager of the Seas (during Spring break 2008) with a 15 year old daughter.

I have noticed that Carnival Conquest is going to the same ports, leaving an hour apart from the RCCL cruise.

We currently have an inside cabin on RCCL - but with the same exact $$, we can get a balcony on the conquest.

I called my TA, and she is 1000% anti Carnival - so much so she will not book a client on a carnival cruise, ever - she'd rather lose the business.

So.. I'm trying to really get a grip on the difference. I thought I'd post this here and in the RCCL board also.

My 15 used to be a competitive ice-skater, so she is really excited about the ice rink. She also is looking forward to the rock wall.

The only other cruise we have been on is a DCL 4 night cruise, which is loved.

Can someone (anyone), do a comparison for me? Or point me to a place where I can find a comparison?

I want to do the right thing for her and myself.

Ali's Mom
Old 03-02-2007, 10:23 AM

Although balcony cabins provide great acomodations on a cruise, you more than likely will not spend as much time in your room as you will other parts of the ship. If your daughter is excited about ice skating and rock climbing, you need to stay with your current booking on Voyager.

Your travel agent is missing out on many customers and repeat business by refusing to book Carnival. I, for one, have not had a single bad experience on any Carnival cruise and don't see how they have become the world's largest line if they were that bad.

Carnival ships do not have the ice skating rink, rock climbing wall, or indoor mall promenade. Except for those features and activities, your experience will be much the same on both lines in respect to food, activities, and accomodations.

I'd stay with the Voyager so your daughter's expectations are not compromised. However, in the future, don't rule out Carnival either for they give a great experience for less money in most cases.

Enjoy your cruise!

03-11 CCL Triumph
10-10 CCL Triumph
01-10 CCL Triumph
10-08 CCL Fantasy
03-08 CCL Fantasy
10-07 CCL Holiday
03-07 CCL Holiday
11-06 CCL Triumph
03-06 Caribbean Princess
01-04 CCL Victory
09-03 CCL Destiny
05-03 CCL Imagination
11-02 CCL Imagination
01-02 RCCL Rhapsody of Seas
02-01 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
02-00 RCCL Empress of Seas
01-99 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
01-98 RCCL Majesty of Seas
Old 03-02-2007, 11:52 AM

I echo tncruiseman's comments. I have been on 29 Carnival cruises and never had a bad one. Your Travel Agent has alteritive motives for not booking Carnival. I also believe you should stay with the Voyager on this one since your daughter has her heart already set on it.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Imalismom:
I am currently booked on RCCL - Voyager of the Seas (during Spring break 2008) with a 15 year old daughter.

I have noticed that Carnival Conquest is going to the same ports, leaving an hour apart from the RCCL cruise.

We currently have an inside cabin on RCCL - but with the same exact $$, we can get a balcony on the conquest.

I called my TA, and she is 1000% anti Carnival - so much so she will not book a client on a carnival cruise, ever - she'd rather lose the business.

So.. I'm trying to really get a grip on the difference. I thought I'd post this here and in the RCCL board also.

My 15 used to be a competitive ice-skater, so she is really excited about the ice rink. She also is looking forward to the rock wall.

The only other cruise we have been on is a DCL 4 night cruise, which is loved.

Can someone (anyone), do a comparison for me? Or point me to a place where I can find a comparison?

I want to do the right thing for her and myself.

Ali's Mom
Stay with RCCL this time, try Carnival next time and Change your TA. Carnival has great dance shows and for a young 16 year old that is clearly talented and athletic this could be of great interest for her. You can usually get a personnal chat or tour if you tell a Carnival Host you have an interest. And the Children and teen programs get to the back stage stuff anyway I think.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:25 PM

Just a comment on the ice rink. I have been on three voyager class ships with the ice rink in the last three years. Great ships, 2 out of the three ice shows were great (the other one was just okay) I have a competitive figure skater as well and although it is nice to say you ice skated on the cruise, don't expect too much. The ice rink is only about a quarter of the size you would be used to. During the "advanced skating" you are also going to have hockey players as well. My daughter did some spins and a few jumps but really for a competitive skater not enough room with everyone else. On our last cruise she just didn't take her skates. But definitely go to the show.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:49 PM

I would stay with the Voyager. Carnival offers more for kids,however during springbreak their will be tons of kids on both. The Voyager is much nicer than The Conquest, I've been on both twice. You will nearly always find that carnival is lower priced at all deck levels. On the Voyager the Promenade is what makes the ship. The rockwall and Ice Rink are a neat thing as a first timer, but I have not done either in the last 3 Voyager class cruises. I think on most of the cruises it seemed to me that the service was a little better on RCCL than CCL, but thats just my oppinion...
Old 03-14-2007, 05:23 PM
I've never been on RCCL, so I can't compare, but I can say that the Conquest is wonderful. My husband and I took our honeymoon on it last April, and everything was top-notch. We had a balcony and loved it. The food was great, the service was great, and it's a beautiful ship.

Booked on NCL Breakaway, Feb. 2014
Carnival Conquest, Feb. 2012
NCL Gem, Sept. 2011
NCL Jewel, Feb. 2011
NCL Dawn, Sept. 2010
NCL Spirit, Feb. 2010
NCL Gem, March 2009
RCCL Explorer of the Seas, Feb. 2008
Carnival Miracle, May 2007
Carnival Conquest, April 2006
Caribbean Princess, Feb. 2005
Old 04-07-2007, 08:32 PM

I have been on 4 Royal Caribbean cruises (2 on Rhapsody, 1 on Adventure, 1 on Voyager) and 1 on the Carnival Conquest. I will never book another Carnival cruise. The Conquest was just okay. We even had a balcony room on the Conquest and only ocean views on the RCI but Royal Caribbean is so much classier.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carnival, climbing, compare, conquest, cruise, line, norwegian, rock, royal, sea, seas, voyage, voyager, wall