Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2005, 04:15 AM

Can we take our own luggage off the ship when it docks? It would save us time as we're taking a cab to the airport. Let me know...Thanks

Riu Hotels & Resorts
Old 11-08-2005, 05:51 AM

deanie....i just came off the conquest this past sunday and we carried off our own luggage. it's called self-assist. you are the first to depart the ship. ours started at 7am by floors and we were on the rivera deck which is deck 1 and we were last and we were called at 725am and we were off the ship and through customs by 745am.......i highly recommend doing this unless someone else can say they have had fun waiting til 9am, 10am or later in lines then wandering around 10,000 peices of luggage looking for yours.......good luck and enjoy!!!
Old 11-08-2005, 08:40 AM

I always carry my luggage off of a ship. It makes it so much easier to debark and you can usually be one of the first ones off.

Tom
Old 11-09-2005, 05:42 AM

Thank you for the info. Yes, we will take our own luggage off. Are there cabs available at the Tampa port to take us to the airport? Leaving this Sunday for the Western Caribbean, not sure about Cozumel. Going on Carnival Miracle...we usually do Celebrity, so this will be different & fun we hope. Thanks...

Riu Hotels & Resorts
Old 11-09-2005, 06:13 AM
hi!!! we are going in jan on Miracle, we are going the night before so not to be rushed and worry about transportation and such the next day, we were to go on the conquest out of nola but change ships the week of katrina did not want to take a chance of losing vaca. so changed whole trip over, would like to know if cozumel will be in our Itinery jan. 8th week if you can ask around on your trip as to the upcoming months I would appreciate it, as we booked so as to get to cozumel for the day, so I hope we will not be disappointed. thanks Fran
Old 11-09-2005, 06:28 AM

Deanie,
I had the same question regarding taxis from Tampa not too long ago. My feedback can be found by clicking here . Have fun on your cruise!

Adrienne
Old 11-10-2005, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by new2cruise:
Deanie,
I had the same question regarding taxis from Tampa not too long ago. My feedback can be found by clicking here . Have fun on your cruise!

Adrienne
Hi Adrienne..thanks for the info on taxis. I'm sure we'll find a cab. Getting excited & have a lot to do. We live in Boston & are flying down a day early to say at the Marriott Waterfront before the cruise. I'll let you know how it goes...Thanks Deanie

Riu Hotels & Resorts
Old 11-10-2005, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by peachcrek:
hi!!! we are going in jan on Miracle, we are going the night before so not to be rushed and worry about transportation and such the next day, we were to go on the conquest out of nola but change ships the week of katrina did not want to take a chance of losing vaca. so changed whole trip over, would like to know if cozumel will be in our Itinery jan. 8th week if you can ask around on your trip as to the upcoming months I would appreciate it, as we booked so as to get to cozumel for the day, so I hope we will not be disappointed. thanks Fran
Hi Fran...I beleive we are still going to Cozumel so I'll let you know how it goes. I know one of their piers was destroyed, so we'll see. I'm sure by the time you go there will be no problem We'll be home on the 20th ..LATE! Flying from Boston a day early so we can relax & not rush. Our last cruise we left early & went right to the ship. We were EXHAUSTED that night, so this will be nice. I haven't cruised with Carnival before, we usually do Celebrity, so this should be fun. I'll let you know. Getting excited! It's a well needed break for me & hubby. Chat soon....Deanie

Riu Hotels & Resorts
Old 11-10-2005, 01:41 PM
thanks D. I seen an Itinery on the Carnival page that goes into Dec and Cozumel was not included so we are hoping jan will give us good news

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, carribean, cozumel, cruise, disembark, disembarking, disenbark, early, forum, info, royal, ships, tampa, time