Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2007, 09:10 AM

i'm trying to narrow it down from four suitcases to two and a carry on. any suggestions
on how many is acceptable for a three night cruise.what about a list. do anyone have a list or rule that they follow when packing
Old 05-12-2007, 09:20 AM

it is hard and there is no rule .we had to down size and we took two large suitcases and two carry ons for a seven day cruise. hope this helps. have a great time
Old 05-12-2007, 09:40 AM

We used to overpack too...until we realized it's royal pain to unpack and then 2 days later pack again. You'll probably live in bathing suit on at sea days, shorts and shirt for in port days, slacks and nice shirt for dinner, tux/suit and/or gown for formal night (use a carry-on) and thats about it. Toiletries ok, but they give you alot too. PJs maybe...be creative!!! No need to over pack.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:37 AM

Here are some packing suggestions.

http://cruisediva.com/pack_it.htm
Old 05-13-2007, 02:32 AM

Wifey told me to pack my own and would leave me half of each suitcase. That was the plan.. Need I say more?

I expected my half to be less because she has frilly and fluffy stuff. Even with my little space, I did not wear it all

Give me clean underwear and t-shirts, a few pair of shorts and shirts and I am good to go. She packs my dress shirts and pants
Old 05-13-2007, 06:56 AM
Banned

On our last 4 day cruise, we had 2 suitcases and a hanging bag that rolls and one carry on for 3 of us.

All these years later and I still over pack. I just don't want to get somewhere and not have what I want!!
Old 05-13-2007, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by LHP:
On our last 4 day cruise, we had 2 suitcases and a hanging bag that rolls and one carry on for 3 of us.

All these years later and I still over pack. I just don't want to get somewhere and not have what I want!!
I agree totally. I would also hate to have to purchase something that I already have at home.

I am a confirmed heavy packer. For my 8 day cruise in less then two weeks I am taking 3 pieces of wheeled luggage. This is b/c of the new lower weight restrictions on the airlines. I had a 30" duffle but if packed full it is over 50 pounds. So this time I am taking (1) 25" for my clothing; (2) 22" for my shoes and toiletry items. These will be checked with the airline and the ship. Finally, (3) I am taking a 20" which I will carry with me right up until I get into my cabin. In the 20" will be enough clothing, etc. to last me 24-36 hours just in case my luggage does a peek-a-boo with me.

Sounds like a lot but none of these bags will be filled to busting so that I can bring back liquor, smokes or any other souvenir I may find that I like.

It is far better to bring it and not use/wear it than to leave it home and desperately wish you had it.

JMHO!!

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Victory, CCL Imagination, CCL Victory

Past Cruzes: RCCL Navigator, RCCL Majesty, CCL Destiny,
Glory (2007),Liberty (2007), Fantasy (2007), Destiny (2006), PofAm (2005), Inspiration (2005), Fascination (2004), Victory (2004), Fascination (2004), RCCL VOS(2003), Fantasy (1999)
Old 05-13-2007, 05:18 PM
Banned

hi shondie. Welcome

Start by laying out all of your cruise wear on your bed and then... put back 1/2 of it.

You need to come to the realization that you will basically live in a bathing suit for the week.

Another good rule to follow is... if you do not wear it at home, you will not wear it on a cruise. Leave it home.

Roll, don't fold, your clothes. It takes up less space and you'll have less wrinkles.

A'ndrea

Closed Thread

Tags
allure, cruise, day, packing