Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2006, 03:45 PM

I am beginning to pack and right now with the 4 of us I have 2 suitcases and my husband suggested for our (4) dress clothes to take a garment bag. Is there room in an ocenaview cabin to hang a garment bag and is two suitcases too many suitcases. Will they be in our way in the cabin???

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-30-2006, 04:06 PM

We had closet space.

Have fun!!
Old 07-31-2006, 01:57 AM

I usually do the same thing and put dress clothes in a garment bag and it hangs perfectly. Between the 2 of us we end up with 3 suitcases, 1 garment bag type and a duffel bag with our snorkel equipment, plus 2 backpacks for bathroom neccesities valuables and a change of clothes for first day. It all stows away easily. I am going to try to go lighter this time around as only on a 5 day..and end up not wearing everything even on my after cruise stays. Another thing I found is that "wrinkle releaser" stuff works well, but carry it on as it can leak from the bottle.

Best to you for a great cruise
Old 07-31-2006, 11:14 AM

We had lots of closet space that we didn't even use. One side was for long, formal dresses, and the other 2 closets were for shorter items, with plenty of shelf space as well. You will have plenty of room, and your suitcases will easily fit under the beds. Not to worry.
Old 08-01-2006, 12:27 PM

A garment bag is perfect.

Another tip. You know the plastic wrap bag (cover) your clothes are retuned in from the cleaners. Place each article in your garmet bag in one. This will almost eliminate wrinkles. Using this tip, I have needed the spray wrinkle remover I always carry on board.

Conquest 10/15/06
Rhapsody of the Seas 9/10/06
Grand Princess 1/06
Conquest 9/05/05
Grandeur of the Sea 2/05
Elation 1/04
Conquest 9/03
Celebration 1/03
Celebration 1/01
Nowiegen 9/00
Commodore 9/06
Commodore 4/96
Old 08-02-2006, 07:05 AM

Biguntx is right. We did this for our cruise and it works pretty good. We already had the clothes in the cleaner cover, so we just put them in the garment bag ready to go!
Old 08-02-2006, 08:34 AM

Hello to all, everyone offered some excellent advise. But what I have started doing is (if you have space in your suit case) placing my suit(s) and my wife's dress(s) in the suit case(usually mine because hers is over stuffed, that elimates carrying that extra bag. And when I get on the ship I have our clothes press(at the cleaners on the ship) because they are already clean, and I think it was less than $5.00 or was it $7.00 to press my suit and a couple bucks for my wifes dress. To me it was worth the few dollars just to leave the garmet bag at home. Oh by the way fellows that only means the wife thinks they can now buy and extra bag of nic-nacs to bring home so it evens out anyway,,lol. Have a safe and great cruise all.

Deege24
Old 08-03-2006, 05:48 AM

I prefer the Garment Bag, It hangs nicely in the closet and never really carry it. A spray or 2 with the wrinkle stuff, or the steamer thing and good to go. I tip the porter an extra buck for the light weight thing. Just to get a Dinner Jacket pressed is nearly $4, I can't imagine the whole "sha-bang" for service. You really can't put nic-nacs in a garment bag, unless they are T-shirts. No disrespect, or anything, but my wife is not so understanding. We compromise, I take a small extra suitcase for my special beer, and then she uses it to bring back all Her "nic-nacs" or anything else She wants.
Old 08-03-2006, 06:26 AM

Just to make one more point, and is only personal to me..If I even suggested to my Wife for her to stuff her formal dress into a suitcase because I don't want to carry a Garment Bag..Let your imagination run. Women want their stuff nice even if needs a touch up they don't want to get there and see "how it looks" after the dry cleaner on board, if they get it back on time. I would be going to Bi-Lo for a month for cans of Ravioli..not to mention the other ramifications
Old 08-09-2006, 10:41 AM

LOL ! You my dear, are a very smart man !!

Closed Thread

Tags
bag, bags, carnival, carrying, clothes, cruise, formal, forums, garment, hanging, luggage, put, reviews, ships, suit, type