Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2007, 05:38 PM

Has anyone been on the Celebration out of Jacksonville recently? We've only been on bigger ships like the Victory and Triumph and aren't sure about such an older, smaller ship. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:51 PM

Hi Mabob1, Have not been on the Celebration for 4 years. I had sailed on Holiday so I knew what to expect. We had a good cruise. And going out of JAX was a consideration because it was an easy drive from SC. The terminal is actually to the north of the city. The price was also a consideration, as we got a good deal for the 5 day run. We may do it again before they replace the Celebration. But the price would have to be right. Hopefully some recent cruisers will have some feedback. Best Wishes.

Dwayne
Old 11-14-2007, 02:07 PM

My family and I went on the Celebration in August this year. The service was outstanding!! The ship was more than I had expected. I had read several reviews and I was so afraid that I had made a big mistake booking the ship. I was so relieved. There are some people that you can't please no matter what you do. I can't imagine anyone not having a great time. It is an older ship but is well kept. Before we got home my 16 year old daughter was begging to go back again. We leave this Sunday on the Victory but she wanted to go back on the Celebration. I found out that the Celebration is leaving the Carnival fleet next year so I am glad we got to go when we did. I have absolutely no complaints. I think you will have a very nice time.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:11 PM

I'll ditto Sherry A's comments about the Celebration. We took our daughters (now 20 and 17) cruises on her in 2006 and in June, 2007.

Both cruises were without issue. While the ship is older/smaller than the rest of the fleet (with the exception of the Holiday), this really is not an issue.

Also, I really enjoy embarking at Jacksonville. The officials there have a very good system of processing the passengers...especially those arriving by car. As a result, the embarkation is very orderly and quick.

Also, since the port is not near the metropolitan part of Jacksonville, it is an easy in/easy out when arriving or departing.

Garnett
Old 11-14-2007, 04:11 PM

Thank you for your responses, much appreciated!!
Old 11-14-2007, 10:06 PM

My hope was that they would bring the Celebration to Charleston year round. Wishful thinking I guess.

Of course if they did, I would be trying to take a cruise on Her every chance I got.

Dwayne
Old 11-15-2007, 07:13 AM

I'll also agree with Sherry. We went on the Celebration in August (The infamous one with the bomb scare).
Having been on the Victory in March it was certainly different. But we expected that. A ship that was build in the 80's is different than a ship built in 2000.
The service was great, way more intimate, because of the amaller amount of guests.
Go with an open mindset and you'll have a great time. The only thing i would definately bring, is earplugs. I found the ship's engines and vibrations extremely loud.

Caribbean Travel Photos

Riu Playacar Resort: Playa del Carmen All Inclusive
03-08 Carnival Triumph
08-07 Carnival Celebration
03-07 Carnival Victory
07-96 Crown Princess
Old 11-16-2007, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mabob1:
Has anyone been on the Celebration out of Jacksonville recently? We've only been on bigger ships like the Victory and Triumph and aren't sure about such an older, smaller ship. Any help would be appreciated.
We were on Celebration August 06 and had a wonderful time. The ship, crew, cruise director (Big Tex) were all wonderful. Food excellent, embarkment still hurry up and wait, but hey...just relax..also, I think you will find Nassau more appealing than Freeport.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:31 PM
Banned

We have sailed all the sizes that Carnival has to offer and I can say that we have had just as much fun on the small ones as we have on the big ones!!

We have sailed the Fantasy class this year. Just got off the Victory (a larger class) last month and are looking forward to the Holiday (same class as the Celebration) next month!!

And as an added bonus...Dakota will be the band in the lounge until April 2008. They are wonderful!!!!

Closed Thread