Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2007, 05:27 PM
Administrator

Neil,

I thought it was something along those lines. And it is good to read that you have never had a problem....yet.
Old 06-16-2007, 06:02 PM
this happen after I call
Somehow, I don’t know how and believe me even the person at Carnival who help me with my case don’t know how it happen, I can access the documents via the internet.
The system at carnival somehow converted them to eDocs even after I already ask them to send them by mail. If you enter my account it said:

“Guests will receive Paper documents via mail”

But the teller told me that in the system it was like I order them by eDocs,
So I enter my account and push the view bottom and BOOM!!
You can access them …Crazy world huh??
Well don’t if am lucky or this represent more trouble in the future.
I just save them to my computer so I can print them later but since I never expected to have travel papers in eDocs now I have a question
Are the eDocs them same exact thing they send by mail??
The tag for the luggage looks cheap but at least I now have papers UUUUUFFFFFFFF
Old 06-16-2007, 06:38 PM

Take your "Fun Pass", that's your boarding pass to the pier. Don't print those silly paper bag tags. When you get to the pier there will be porters there. Ask them to tag your bags and hand them your funpass. Then check to see that they put your correct cabin # on them and give the porters a few bucks for their tip. $1. to $2. per bag.

Don't forget to get your fun pass back from the porter. Now go get in line and when you get to the front... you'll get your key card and be directed to board the ship. Last but not least... have a great vacation!

Cheers, Neil
Old 06-16-2007, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Beers:
They scan the bar code on that sheet, scan your credit card, check your passports, and you are done. .
If you plan on using cash for sign and sail card, they don't scan a credir card do they? Sorry for the dumb qustion but I want to be well prepared. We have a debit card, but I don't want to use that on the cruise after much debate.

Past Cruises:
CCL Triumph 7/07
CCL Glory 1/10
CCL Valor 1/11
Old 06-17-2007, 12:24 AM
They ask for a credit card, and I believe is a rule to give them at least one credit card the first day in order to make the fun pass, but they don’t charge you until the last day, so I think you can pay in cash the very last day of your cruise and in that way there is no need for the credit card…
Well here is the truth about it
• Is convenient to use the credit card and let them charge you , the lines that last day can be long as many people are trying to pay in cash or fix a problem believe if you can avoid it do it.
• Also if you use your credit card you have the back up of your credit card and protection.
• I believe you can use a debit card, but when I travel at least I have two credit cards a master card and a visa you never know what can happen.
This is a recommendation:
Before you leave port, call the credit card company and let them know the islands you will visit.
Why??
Because in order to protect you, if you live in Puerto Rico for example, and they found a payment charge in Aruba, they will think someone stole your account and probably cancel that payment or declined your transaction.
I never use the credit cards in the islands to avoid identity theft.
Always bring a small quantity in cash…
Old 06-17-2007, 05:26 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by travlngrl1996:
If you plan on using cash for sign and sail card, they don't scan a credir card do they? Sorry for the dumb qustion but I want to be well prepared. We have a debit card, but I don't want to use that on the cruise after much debate.
They won't ask for a card if you want to cover your account with cash. They will ask for the money. But when the money runs out, your card turns into a pumpkin until you go to the desk and give them more money.
Old 06-17-2007, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Beers:
quote:
Originally posted by travlngrl1996:
Thanks Dave, this is the answer I thought I heard before. Like I said I wanted to make sure and be well prepared.

They won't ask for a card if you want to cover your account with cash. They will ask for the money. But when the money runs out, your card turns into a pumpkin until you go to the desk and give them more money.

Past Cruises:
CCL Triumph 7/07
CCL Glory 1/10
CCL Valor 1/11
Old 06-17-2007, 10:38 AM

There is no way I'd ever cruise without registering a CC. I've heard and read all the reasons people do it. I just don't want large sums of money on me or with them druing my vacation. I take some cash and I frequesntly use the CC they have registered to get more. It all goes on the same account, not like a cash advance with fees. There are some major protections afforded by using a CC. You can dispute charges if someone elses tab gets added to your account (never had that happen). You get not only a statement from the cruiseline but a statement from your CC company when you get home. If something's fishy it's easier to determine what went wrong. Sure, they put a hold on your CC for a great big bundle of money during your vacation. That hold is not a charge unless you actually spend that much. It's reassuring to me that I have a great big limit available should there be a need. Ever see those Carl Malden commercials? He's hawking travelers checks which are not needed for a cruise if you have a CC on file. But the underlying message is the same. What happens if your big wad of cash disappears on vacation? You're back to needing the CC and now out the cash as well. Just my thoughts on it.

Cheers, Neil
Old 06-17-2007, 10:47 AM
Administrator

I also always use a credit card and don't understand the cash deposit logic. Is it fear of having a credit card balance? Just use the cash you were going to give the ship to pay off the credit card bill. Or if you use a debit card, put that cash in your bank account to cover the ship expenses. It does take some discipline to do either of these.

I use my American Express card since I have to pay it off when the bill comes, and they also provide good protection if a problem occurs, among many other travel benefits at my card level.
Old 06-17-2007, 10:57 AM
Exactly trvlpro, I’m 100% with your post.
Besides what’s the point?
Is the same paying to the cruise line or the credit card bank, is the same amount of money, either way you spend it you have to pay it Wright?
If you have a debit card deposit the money and when they charge the last day be sure you have the money needed to pay that’s all.
At least you will not have to keep checking your balance during your cruise.

Dave Beers,
I did not know you can avoid using your credit card when you make your fun pass, well I learn something new everyday… thanks

Closed Thread

Tags
arrival, arrive, carnival, cruise, document, documents, send, time, travel