Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2007, 02:09 PM
Hello
I know I am a newbie to the world of cruising so this question maybe comes from inexperience I have never booked a trip directly throu carnival this is my first time I always used a Travel agent before,
I got a question about Carnival documents,
I decided to receive my travel papers from carnival via mail not the online service,
Do you know when they usually arrive??
I mean how much time before my trip I should expect them?
Old 06-16-2007, 02:33 PM

3 or 4 weeks
Jul.07, March08....
Ecstasy March, 2010
Old 06-16-2007, 02:39 PM

If you had done the electronic version you'd have them now. I like eDocs, not sure why so many don't.
Old 06-16-2007, 03:04 PM
My bad you are correct I should have used eDocs,
But as I said donít know much about booking directly from carnival
I always used Travel agent, so I figured it will be better if I have them send thru mail.
This time I booked directly since a Friend told me this way was cheaper,
It was more to know what can happen if I book directly from them offers, upgrades, etc.
Next time I am planning to use eDocs, I donít really know
What can happen if the day comes and I donít have them??
Old 06-16-2007, 03:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Casanova frankenstein:

This time I booked directly since a Friend told me this way was cheaper,
That is for the most part not true. There are exceptions but for most bookings what you get from Carnival direct is the same price as any travel agent or agency will offer. Carnival made a big deal a couple years ago about "leveling the playing field" where they insisted that the price for X cruise would be the same whether they sold it directly, or if Neil sold it, or if I sold it, etc. Actually, if you can find someone with group space available on the cruise you want, it is usually cheaper than the "going" rate. And there are also special deals approved by Carnival where XYZ Agency can offer something that is discounted.
Old 06-16-2007, 03:43 PM
Administrator

I am one of those who does not like e-docs. Perhaps it's because I'm a scrapbooker. I also like to have something tangible. Funny though, as I love having e-docs when I fly, as I don't have to bring anything to the airport, but cruising is still so special to me that I suppose it should be treated in a special way.

Casanova frankenstein, don't worry about not having your documents yet. I got mine just a few days ago for a cruise a week before yours. Even if you don't receive your paper documents -- a highly unlikely situation -- you will still be in the system.

You can also go to Carnival's Web site and follow the instructions to complete your Fun Pass online. We did this last year...very simple, and you will be all set.
Old 06-16-2007, 03:49 PM
Administrator

The online check-in is really "it" these days. Even if you show up with a big document booklet, all they really want to see is your single sheet printed off after you checked in online. They scan the bar code on that sheet, scan your credit card, check your passports, and you are done. The last paper docs we got were for the Freedom Of The Seas last year. The booklet is sitting next to me and except for the baggage tags we removed, the booklet is untouched.
Old 06-16-2007, 04:30 PM
I already filled out my fun pass, I call carnival and there was a problem with the address they told me they will send them again,same as you told me they said I only needed the fun pass I hope they send it wright this time.
Thanks for your help...
Old 06-16-2007, 04:50 PM
Administrator

Caz,

And remember what Neil does when he shows up for a cruise.....if I recall correctly his employer asks that they show up with nothing but a booking number and their ID....just to see how the cruise line handles it. As many have said, you are in the computer system and they can find you and get you on the ship.
Old 06-16-2007, 05:00 PM

I don't even tell them I have the booking #. I actually have everything, just in case. I just play dumb (really easy for me) and hand them my passport. It's then up to them to get me on the ship. Never had a problem... yet.

Closed Thread

Tags
arrival, arrive, carnival, cruise, document, documents, send, time, travel