Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2004, 11:37 AM

I'm booked on the Paradise - 9/24 for 3 nights. We have an oceanview room for 4 woman! Anyone done this before or are we crazy? Anyone with suggestions for a short trip? I've been on a cruise before but it was a week long. Doing this one w/ my teenage daughter, her friend, and another Mom. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!
Old 08-24-2004, 11:37 AM

I'm booked on the Paradise - 9/24 for 3 nights. We have an oceanview room for 4 woman! Anyone done this before or are we crazy? Anyone with suggestions for a short trip? I've been on a cruise before but it was a week long. Doing this one w/ my teenage daughter, her friend, and another Mom. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!
Old 09-08-2004, 10:39 PM

Come on -- doesn't anyone have some hints for me? Hasn't anyone booked 1 cabin for 4 people before? Just wondering if the beds are comfortable? How are the pull downs? Is the other bed a full bed, or are there also 2 twins? How do you get ready for dinner w/ 1 bathroom? HELP!! We leave in 15 days!!
Old 09-09-2004, 06:30 AM

Sorry no one has responded sooner. I just returned from 2 Alaska cruises and getting back on the boards. I have actually done the 2 Moms and 2 teenage girls a couple times on cruises and although not a luxurious experience, totally doable. If you are lucky, as I was, the teenagers will be on a slightly different schedule than you and the bathroom will not be an issue. The "Moms" were up and out in the morning while the girls slept in; in the evening for dinner, the "Moms" dressed first and then went for pre-dinner cocktails at one of the lounges - freeing up the cabin for the teens to get ready. Worked great! As for bed configuration - depends on what category cabin you have on the Paradise. In most cases there will be 2 pull down berths for the 3rd and 4th passenger. Personally,other than having to climb up to your bed, they were of the same comfort level as the two main beds. Enjoy!
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 09-09-2004, 06:33 AM

oops! Misread one ofthe questions in your post. If you have pull down berths the other beds should be configured as 2 twins. If they are not, just ask your room steward to separate them for you.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 09-10-2004, 11:15 AM
Banned

We had a balcony guarantee on the Princess Dawn. We got a room with 4 berths. Not what we wanted but it turned out OK. There were 4 beds that folded up into the wall and could not be moved away from the wall. I would take the mattresses from the top two and put them on the balcony at night and would we would sleep out there but still had the beds back in the room if needed. We would move the mattresses back in the morning.

As far as a bunch of women getting ready try using the facilities in the gym. My wife would use the shower in the room and I would use the locker room in the gym. They provide towels, wash cloths, soap and ect. in the locker rooms. Take a power strip with you and your hair driers. Their electrical outlets are limited and only one hair drier.
Old 09-10-2004, 04:26 PM

Thank you all for your great suggestions! I didn't think about the locker room showers, and we will be doing that! Also will use the suggestion for the Moms to get ready first and wait for the girls while having a drink! Can't wait. 2 more weeks!
Old 09-14-2004, 08:25 PM

I will second the suggestion about taking a multi socket extension cord with you so that more than one appliance can be connected at a time. This will be a life saver.

Have a great cruise!

Tom

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, comfortable, cruise, oceanview, room