Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2007, 05:28 PM

I am hooked on cruising, but July 9th on Ecstacy will be my husband's and kids (21, 17,15) first cruise. Thought I'd start them out on a short one. (5 night) I have never been on this ship or itinerary... Has anyone been on this one before? I chose Carnival because I have tall men in the family... 7', 6'8", 6'6" and Carnival has the longest beds.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:48 AM

Took the Ecstasy in December on the 5 day. It is a very clean nice ship. The staterooms and bathrooms were excellent and the shower...the greatest! My husband is also very tall, so your men should be ok on that part!

Our biggest complaint was the weather, and that was totally out of our control, but you should be fine in July. It rained several days while we were at sea and was very rough our last day at sea....but we love cruising, so we just dealt with it!

The food was generally good...some just ok, but there is always somewhere on the ship to get something delicious to eat, so if you don't like one particular meal...go find another one, but like I said...it was generally good.

Do not take the Fiesta Party boat in Cozumel. Kind of cheesy! We wanted to do some good snorkeling, and this wasn't the place to do it. If you like weak punch drinks and lap dances...then this is the place for you!

The staff was very nice, and did their jobs well. All of our special requests were met.

You should have a great time! Take lots of pictures!!
Old 02-19-2007, 02:23 PM

Thank you! I have done 2 of the southern caribbean cruises out of San Juan and LOVE the islands, so I didn't know what to expect from a shorter, closer one. I can hardly wait and I hope the boys love it...

Closed Thread

Tags
beds, carnival, complaints, cruise, ecstacy, extacy, people, rating, reviews, ship, tall