Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2008, 01:30 AM

And here is the official news from Carnival:

December 4, 2008

As fuel prices continue to decline, Carnival has announced that it will suspend the fuel supplement for all voyages departing on or after December 17, 2008.

Effective December 4, 2008, for all new bookings on cruises departing on or after December 17, 2008, the fuel supplement will not be charged.

For all existing bookings made prior to December 4, 2008 for cruises departing on or after December 17, 2008, the fuel supplement will be refunded. The refund of the fuel supplement will be made in the form of a shipboard credit for all bookings within the final payment period. All bookings outside of the final payment period will be adjusted to remove the fuel supplement and guests will be provided with a revised final payment amount.

Carnival reserves the right to re-instate the fuel supplement for all guests at up to $9 per person per day should the price of light sweet crude oil according to the NYMEX (New York Mercantile Exchange Index) increase above $70 per barrel.

We are hopeful that fuel prices have stabilized and will remain at a more rational level. The suspension of the fuel supplement will make our cruise vacations even more affordable and enhance the value of a Carnival cruise. In this tough economic environment, we are pleased to be able to offer our guests a great cruise vacation at an even more affordable price.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Dwayne
Old 12-06-2008, 07:12 AM

What great news! Yeah, right, my next cruise leaves on the 15th. Guess it could be worse -- could leave on the 16th. LOL somebody has to be first loser!

Good news for me, if the prices hold stable for a little while, I'll get MY supplement refunded on my cruises in January and March!

Good for Carnival and the other lines for refunding the money they didn't need to spend.

Happy cruising!
Mary

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 12-06-2008, 07:28 AM
We have not made our last payment for our cruise in Feb. According to the release we can get it deducted from our balance rather than ship credit. We will be calling in our last payment Sunday, I'll let you all know how easy it was to deduct $126 from my balance.

CruiseDad
Old 12-06-2008, 09:18 AM

This is truly great news for everyone.

Dwayne
Old 12-07-2008, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by CruiseDad:
We have not made our last payment for our cruise in Feb. According to the release we can get it deducted from our balance rather than ship credit. We will be calling in our last payment Sunday, I'll let you all know how easy it was to deduct $126 from my balance.

CruiseDad
Just finished with the Carnival Vacation Planner. While he knew the charge was dropped he could not actually remove it from the bill. I paid the balance less the $126 fuel charge. He says I will get a statement for $126 balance and then when they get it straightened out a new statement with no balance due. He said he made notes to that effect on my account. My total is due in just a few days so I hope this does not have the effect of saying I havn't paid on time.

So not as easy as I would have liked. I'll keep you all up on the progress. Any one else try to get it removed yet>
Old 12-07-2008, 02:00 PM

Quote:
What great news! Yeah, right, my next cruise leaves on the 15th. Guess it could be worse -- could leave on the 16th. LOL somebody has to be first loser!

Good news for me, if the prices hold stable for a little while, I'll get MY supplement refunded on my cruises in January and March!

Good for Carnival and the other lines for refunding the money they didn't need to spend.
mary thaks for "taking one for the team". Hey we must be related, that sort of thing usually happens to me..

Old 12-08-2008, 01:30 PM
Had a friend on NCL who booked through Travelocity. He called travelocity and after a short wait was infomed he would see a shipboard credit. He had paid in full already. He is sailing Feb 21 out of NY. We will compare notes when we return on the refund or removal of the fuel charge and report back.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:16 PM

They can't do much on the weekends with the charges because it has to go through Reservation Administration. Within the next few days the PVP should be able to email an updated statement. I've had to wait a few days for OBC's and adjustments to update many times. Most people shouldn't have to ask at all shortly for it to reflect on their statements. If anyone gets an email about this, let us know.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, charge, cruise, final, fuel, line, made, payment, supplement