Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2007, 04:18 AM

Just started to explore the options for our excursions. With all of the experiences on this board I have to ask, are there any you would recommend to first timers? Also are there any you would recommend we stay away from?

And let me ask this here as well, can we buy water and soda during excursions to bring back on board for the room?

Rex Resorts
Old 02-07-2007, 05:42 AM

This is a repost of something I wrote here awhile ago about freeport and Nassau.
I havent been to the other porst you have mentioned.
This was Just MY experience. Im sure others will chime in with Fun Times In FREEPORT.

Stay on the boat in Freeport, I do this cruise every year in october for my birthday by myself. Freeport $8.00 cab fair to get to the town. Harrased by drug dealers and hair braiders.
I stay on the boat after my first visit there. The day on the boat is more rewarding, most new cruiser's are getting off for the day, so you have plenty of uncrowded time to hang by the pool or get to know your way around the ship.

I usually am on the Fantasy for this cruise but this year they switched ships for this route.

Im hoping the Ship isnt too messed up from the Katrina Victims.

In Nassau I take a napsac with a towel and some water. wearing my swim suit.

get a taxi for $8.00 to atlantis.

the boat ride they have there to atlantis is $10.00 round trip however you have to wait till it's just about a little more than shoulder to shoulder jam packed and smokin hot with people before they take off.
then it's a slow ride with some guy telling you about the people and culture of the bahamas then they pass around a hat for donations for the dude.
the boat drops you off at Paradise Island then it's like a mile walk to Atlantis.
I learned this on my first visit there. ( a hot sweaty walk)
Take a cab. they drop you off at the door of atlantis then you look over to the water and see the packed , nearly capsizing boat making it's way around the bend in the canal..lol it will be anothr 45 min before those people get to where your at.

people have fun doing different thing's
I pack my own snorkel and mask.
I have my own excursion on the beach next to atlantis. (for free). snorkel till I feel like gambeling then dry off and head for atlantis a few 100 yards away.

This has just been my own 2 cents on my trips to The Bahamas.
Ya learn something new everytime.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:04 AM

I did the Sensation in September and it visited Freeport and Nassau. In Freeport, I did some tourist shopping and stopped and had a couple of drinks at a bar near the port. I had no problem. I did not take any tours.

In Nassau, as soon as you get off you are at the terminal. You can pick up some local "hot sauce." Their prices on t-shirts and stuff is just as good as at the straw market. In fact the quality is better at the terminal.

The straw market, down the street, you can get a silver tone bracelet for about $10. There is a Senor Frog's, near the straw market, that is a tourist place, where you can stop for a bite to eat and drinks. They usually have the music going. Depending on the time you go there, it can become a party place.

The Pirate Musuem is within walking distance. You can also get a "Starbucks" coffee close by.

You could also take a horse and buggie tour of the city.

Go and enjoy yourself. Inquire at the tour desk about what is available for tours and what within walking distance of the ship.

Closed Thread

Tags
boat, cayan, cayman, costa, cozumel, cruise, dealers, drug, freeport, grand, maya, ship, snorkel, stay, taxi