Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2003, 01:07 AM

Well, as has been a HUGE dream for me for as long as I can remember, I will be going on my first cruise EVER on October 13th. Sailing on the Elation (Although my mom has yet to make the reservations, she will be making them by the 14th of this month.)

I CANNOT WAIT!! I've been devouring anything and everything I can find on the net regarding reviews, pictures and the like. I even dug up a 6 minute video someone made as a 'tour' of Elation. Just seeing the camera pan over the window and the cabin, showing the water flowing by, made my heart skip!

I've read many reviews, good and bad. Some EXTREMELY good, and others REALLY REALLY bad. I just don't get it. People mad because they had to wait in line to get on the ship. Mad because they had to wait to get off. (And -Gasp!- they couldn't even wait in their cabin!! The same cabin that 2 paragraphs before they were complaining about, no less.) Mad because the food was not the 'gourmet fare' they were expecting.

As far as I'm concerned, the only way that my cruise could be ruined by having to wait even 4 hours in line to get onboard would be if at the end of the 4 hours they told me to turn around and go home. A long wait to get off the ship? BIG DEAL! Gives me more time to savor what has been the most fabulous, unforgettable, wonderful week of my life!!

The food is not gourmet?? HEY! As long as they don't bring a live cow to my table, make me cook it, then make me wash the dishes, who cares!?!?

Rained 24 hours a day for the whole week?? As long as we don't hit an iceberg and sink, again, WHO CARES?!? You're on a cruise!! Just sit there and be awed by the beauty and magic of the earth we live on. The fact that, while out at sea, you get to appreciate just how big this wonderful planet is and how trully small you are. Think about the hundreds, thousands, or even tens of thousands of people who would give their left arm to be where you are! You can afford to go on this cruise. Find ways to MAKE it the best experience of your life. Don't rely on everyone around you to do it for you.

Oh yeah, happy to be 'aboard'!!

When life hands you lemons, throw them at someone
Old 02-02-2003, 01:07 AM

Well, as has been a HUGE dream for me for as long as I can remember, I will be going on my first cruise EVER on October 13th. Sailing on the Elation (Although my mom has yet to make the reservations, she will be making them by the 14th of this month.)

I CANNOT WAIT!! I've been devouring anything and everything I can find on the net regarding reviews, pictures and the like. I even dug up a 6 minute video someone made as a 'tour' of Elation. Just seeing the camera pan over the window and the cabin, showing the water flowing by, made my heart skip!

I've read many reviews, good and bad. Some EXTREMELY good, and others REALLY REALLY bad. I just don't get it. People mad because they had to wait in line to get on the ship. Mad because they had to wait to get off. (And -Gasp!- they couldn't even wait in their cabin!! The same cabin that 2 paragraphs before they were complaining about, no less.) Mad because the food was not the 'gourmet fare' they were expecting.

As far as I'm concerned, the only way that my cruise could be ruined by having to wait even 4 hours in line to get onboard would be if at the end of the 4 hours they told me to turn around and go home. A long wait to get off the ship? BIG DEAL! Gives me more time to savor what has been the most fabulous, unforgettable, wonderful week of my life!!

The food is not gourmet?? HEY! As long as they don't bring a live cow to my table, make me cook it, then make me wash the dishes, who cares!?!?

Rained 24 hours a day for the whole week?? As long as we don't hit an iceberg and sink, again, WHO CARES?!? You're on a cruise!! Just sit there and be awed by the beauty and magic of the earth we live on. The fact that, while out at sea, you get to appreciate just how big this wonderful planet is and how trully small you are. Think about the hundreds, thousands, or even tens of thousands of people who would give their left arm to be where you are! You can afford to go on this cruise. Find ways to MAKE it the best experience of your life. Don't rely on everyone around you to do it for you.

Oh yeah, happy to be 'aboard'!!

When life hands you lemons, throw them at someone
Old 02-02-2003, 07:23 AM

I hope you enjoy your cruise and have the time of your life.With your positive attitude, you will have a great cruise and meet alot of nice people.Carnival is not perfect but you will definitely have fun.A cruise or any vacation is pretty much what you make of it.I was on the Sensation in September and hurricane Issadore messed up our itinerary but I still had a lot of fun.My website has some 360 degree pictures of the ship. You can check it out at www.cruisesinc.com/jipock.We are leaving on Celebritys Galaxy tomorrow morning from Charleston. I hope we meet alot of people like you.

Joe
Old 02-03-2003, 07:47 AM

I am excited for you! I went on the Elation (my first cruise) last year by myself and had a fabulous time. I made great friends on the trip and never laughed so hard in my life as I did with the antics in the Dukes Piano Bar (a favorite hangout). May I suggest that you ask for Robert and Armondo as your wait staff (the best and funniest) If you like to horseback ride I would like to suggest that you make arrangements on-line at Randy's Happy Horses (Mazattlan) rather that booking on the ship. You won't be sorry. I agree with the previous reply, as long as you have the up beat positive attitude your going to have the time of your life!!!!
I am so hooked now on cruising that I am booked again April 13-20 on the Paradise. Its going to be my gift to myself every year. I'll tell all about it when I return. 69 days and counting down!

Closed Thread