Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2006, 09:34 AM

Has anybody heard whether the people on the 2nd Sensation trip had a better experience than the first group?
Old 03-31-2006, 09:50 AM

Not yet, they don't get off the ship until tomorrow. The propulsion problem is the only thing I know about. They took them to Freeport instead of Turks and Caicos.
Old 03-31-2006, 10:55 AM

JUST WONDERING WHAT OTHER CARNIVAL CRUISE SHIPS WERE USED BY THE GOVERMENT FOR THE HURRICANE VICTIMS, ANYONE HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT THE OTHER SHIPS HAVING ANY PROBLEMS.
Old 03-31-2006, 11:45 AM

It was the Holiday and the Ecstasy. No haven't heard of any problems with them.
Old 04-02-2006, 06:20 PM

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215
Old 04-06-2006, 12:44 PM

I just came back from the second Sensation sailing. I was very disappointed that we did not visit Grand Turk, as that was the only reason we chose this cruise. Carnival claims that they sent us all an email the Friday before we left, but I checked my email and never received one. We were handed a flier when we were standing in line for the metal detectors at Port Canaveral on Monday afternoon. Instead of visiting Grand Turk, they rerouted us to Freeport, which was a total craphole. When we woke up the morning we arrived in Freeport and looked out our cabin window, we thought it was a joke. Freeport is nothing but an industrial park. You have to then pay for a taxi to take you to Port Lucaya where the beaches and shops are. I thought Carnival could have at least tried to substitute a port that was comparable to Grand Turk, but Freeport was just a dump.

Other than the itinerary changes, we enjoyed the cruise. There were a couple of places on the ship that had a sewage smell, but other than that everything seemed really clean. The slide was also out of order during our cruise, but it didn't really bother me because it was a little too cold for me to swim! I am a Florida native and only went swimming at Half Moon Cay, which was our first stop.

Half Moon Cay is a private island, and was absolutely gorgeous. Although there wasn't much to do on the island, besides drink cocktails and lay on the beach, my friends and I thought it was the best of all three ports we visited. The sand on the beach felt like powdered sugar and the water was crystal clear. It even beat the beaches on Paradise Island!

As I said, I was pretty upset about the itinerary change, but I didn't let it ruin my vacation. I had planned this cruise for too long to have a bad time. However, many people seemed to not have the same attitude and probably had a much worse time because of it. The staff on the ship was great, besides the language barriers we faced when asking them questions, but what cruise ship doesn't have that problem?! Our head waiter at dinner was absolutely great, and so was our cabin steward. I would definitely book a Carnival cruise again, but this time to the CARIBBEAN!
Old 04-13-2006, 07:11 PM

WE ARE BACK AND AREN'T HAPPY CRUISERS. WE FEEL LIKE WE DIDN'T GET WHAT WE PAID FOR AND AFTER EMAILING CARNIVAL SEVERAL TIMES FOR ITEMS THAT WERE LOST STILL HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING FROM THEM. I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO TURKS BUT EVERYONE SAYS IT IS BEAUTIFUL, LET ME TELL YOU FREEPORT IS NOTHING TO WRITE HOME ABOUT. PROBABLY WON'T BE SAILING WITH CARNIVAL AGAIN, THIS WAS THE FIRST AND THE LAST TIME FOR US. SEVERAL THINGS ON THE SHIP WERE NOT WORKING PROPERLY AND AFTER CALLING ON SAT AND SUN BEFORE WE SAILED WAS TOLD BY CARNIVAL THAT THINGS WERE FIXED AND OUR TRIP SHOULDN'T BE A PROBLEM BUT THEN OUR ITINERARY WAS CHANGED-I FEEL LIKE THEY NEW THAT BECAUSE THE CRUISE BEFORE US HAD PROBLEMS ALSO-BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread