Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2006, 06:22 AM

Probably not a good idea to book the first cruise after the ship has basically sat for 5-6 months and then undergoing a refurbishment. Although, the Holiday has gone through the same situation, and so far we haven't heard any serious issues about that ship.
Old 03-30-2006, 07:10 AM

I'll be on this ship come June they should had all the repairs in order. Let just see what the other cruisers stay when they return this week. I hope the sensation is in better order for them.
Old 04-09-2006, 06:41 PM

TOOK THE MARCH 27-APRIL 1ST TRIP ON SENSATION. NOT MUCH BETTER---
POOL SLIDE NEVER OPENED (WE HAD 7 KIDS)
THEY CHANGED OUR ITINERARY TO FREEPORT AS WELL. TOOK AN EXCURSION TO TRANQUILITY BEACH--ANYTHING BUT! TRIED FOR REFUND JUST WANTED A DISCOUNT ON NEXT CRUISE (DONT WANT TO TAKE ANOTHER WITH CARNIVAL)
THEY ARE ALSO CHARGING US FOR 12 TOWELS (WE HAD 3 CABINS) AND IN ROOM DRINKS WE NEVER GOT. WATCH YOUR SIGN AND SAIL ACCOUNTS.
CAN'T WE FILE A CLASS ACTION AGAINST CARNIVAL -- THEY SEEM TO BE GETTING AWAY WITH AN AWFUL LOT OF TERRIBLE SERVICE.
Old 04-10-2006, 08:03 AM

dodo,did you tell them about the drinks and towels before you got off of the ship? WOW 12 towels that is alot of money I would had to said something. They change my ship to the Fantasy instead of the Sensation. The more I read about the Sensation I'm glad I'll be on the Fantasy. Why was the pool closed again?
Old 04-10-2006, 08:48 AM

The slide will be closed if the weather is too windy or the see if too rough (which one causes the other I guess). I have been on week cruises where the slide is only open one or 2 times.

You have to say something really quickly about the towels going missing. The first cruise that we went on that had the towel policy, we didn't relaize that the towels waiting in the cabin were supposed to be ours for the cruise. We assumed they were for pool use and that we would get new ones each day, so we left them by the pool. We quickly realized our mistake and told our cabin steward and he was able to get us replacements without charging us.

You definetly need to watch your sail and sign account. You can review it on the TVs in your cabin through out the cruise. Its easier to do it as you go then to try to remember who ordered what at the end of the cruise.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 04-10-2006, 02:37 PM

We just got back from the vacation from hell. We were on the Sensation 3-27-06. On Sat before we sailed we called Carnival and was told that everything was going as planned. Upon arriving at the port we found out that our initerary had been changed after our 12 yrs old child was handed the information regarding this. We then asked at the check in desk about this and was told they didn't know anything about it. After getting on the ship we found out that we wouldn't get to go to Grand Turk-the whole reason we booked this cruise and instead go to Freeport. The slide was broke, the one pool bar wasn't open, it smelled like sewage in the Atrium, they lost our bottle of rum that we purhased in Nassau, basketball court was opened after two days,the shuffle board area never did get open. I feel like after contacting Carnival and was told that every thing was fine since we had heard that it didn't pass inspection that everything would be fine but I feel like it wasn't ready to be sailing and also of note is after emailing Carnivalregarding my concerns haven't received any response from them yet. Hope your cruises are better than my first cruise.
Old 04-10-2006, 03:50 PM

Carnival sent emails to Travel Agents concerning the itinerary change late Friday March 24th. While disappointing, itinerary changes happen on any cruise. When sending a letter or email of complaint to a company it can take up to 4-6 weeks to get a response.
Old 04-11-2006, 06:29 PM

We called our travel agent from the port and she was unaware and immediately sent a complaint to Carnival. Also I feel like since I was told by Carnival on Sat and Sunday that things were as planned that this should haven't been a problem.
Old 04-12-2006, 09:36 AM

Say, we're leaving on the Pride June 25. How did you guys get that neat "Cruise Countdown" box? :-)
Old 04-12-2006, 10:00 AM

Thanks, I got the ticker info.

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, construction, cruise, deck, emergency, number, return, rust, senation, sensation, ship, sore, throat, upper, water