Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2006, 06:56 AM

Was wondering if anyone just got back from the cruise on March23 on the Sensation ship. Please let us know about your cruise.
Old 03-27-2006, 07:32 PM

I just returned home from my first cruise! Never again will I do that! We were held in a parking lot from 1pm til 9pm. We were told it would be a 30 minute wait. It was a horrible experience as we waited 8 hours. They did bring bottles of warm water and set them on the ground. There was nowhere to use the bathroom and we were being told nothing as to the reason. There were elderly waiting in wheelchairs and also small children with their parents. After dark, it started to get cold. There was no contact from Carnival. We got a lousy $50 to spend, but they take $40 of it back for tips. And 25% off the next cruise, never again, so that don't help much. The ship...there was rust and mold on the ceiling and puddles of water on the floor when we finally did get to the room. (This was a very expensive suite on the U deck) I am exhausted, I have much more to say about this, but it will have to wait til I rest. I do want to say this, if Carnival had no plan to deal with this emergency, what other emergencies do they have no plan for? I just wish they would have come to the parking lot where I waited with hundreds of people and brought food. Oh, they did bring a few bags of cold McDonald hamburgers...take one and keep moving. More to follow....
Old 03-28-2006, 06:42 AM

I'm so sorry about your cruise. I'll be on the same ship come June with my husband,son and my 70 year old mother. We also have a suite in the upper deck and I heard that they refurbished the ship.Again, sorry about your cruise hope that you had a better time in the Bahamas.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:16 PM

My daughter and I were also first time cruisers on the Senesation ship March 23. The nine hour wait to board the ship with no information why we were being held in a building was extremely frustrating! We missed the whole first day on the ship. We were late to the two port of calls Freeport and Nassau which made all the excursions a mess also. We paid $100 for a snorkeling and pearl treasure excursion that everyone else paid $40 and got the same amount of time snorkeling with no lunch and beach time. This was not the fault of the excursion owners, but Carnivals fault for being late to port. I would have felt better if Carnival would have just charged me the $40 but they said they were sorry the excursion was not up to my expectations and credited me 25%. The excursion was very much up to my expectations, the cruise was not!! The $50 they credited our account for our nine hours of stress was not appropriate! You go on a vacation to releive stress not double it! I understand you are at the mercy of the weather when you are on a cruise, but it wasn't the weather that ruined our cruise, it was strictly Carnival Cruise Line and I will never book a cruise through them again!!! I will tell everyone I know about this and suggest they use a different cruise line. Overall - DO NOT USE CARNIVAL FOR YOUR NEXT VACATION - Just my opinion of course!
Old 03-29-2006, 05:51 AM

I feel bad for the people that went on this cruise for the first time. All cruises are not like this. Carnival should had taking care of their guests better than what they did. It sound like they rush the Sensation ship out to soon from the drydock.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:21 AM

My first day back to work, I must have told 50 people about my experience with Carnival. I have heard that many have come down sick because of a virus. I now have a sore throat and a fever. Hope I didn't catch anything on the boat from hell. I read in a Florida news article that a family was put off the ship for complaining too much. :| We saw them exit the ship and thought they must have had an emergency. No they were put off and told to find their own way home. That is appalling so was the parking lot wait.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:41 AM

The passengers were put off because they were being disruptive. It is very unfortunate that your cruise started off that way. It sounds like Carnival could have handled things better also. But it is sad that all you want to do is concentrate on bad mouthing them to as many people as will listen to you. Certainly the food, entertainment, activities on the ship, something, had to have been positive.
Old 03-29-2006, 06:58 AM

I am sorry to hear that the March 23rd cruise was so horrible!!! I recently booked my third cruise with Carnival and I have always had a great experience with them (leaving May 27th). I called the Carnival Rep that I booked with after I saw the news report about the boat and his response was that I shouldn't have anything to worry about because my cruise is 2 months away , I hope he is right!!!My question to Carnival is that if they had all of these problems on the boat why did they sail so soon.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mattiekay:
Was wondering if anyone just got back from the cruise on March23 on the Sensation ship. Please let us know about your cruise.
We were on the Sensation sailing 03/23. If you can still get your money back, please try to do so and book another ship. After the 9 hour wait in the terminal for hours without food and water, we finally make it aboard. We were charged gratuities for our day in the terminal, and had to request to have them removed. Once on board, our carpet in our cabin was soaking wet and soaked through my backpack that I set on the floor. The whole ship smelled moldy and their were certain areas that smelled of sewage. The water was rust colored. The food was very bad, I heard of people being ill after eating. Some areas were still under construction with yellow tape marking them off. The slide was closed the whole time as well as the golf course. We were late into port both days and people missed their excursions. When we got back on in Nassau, a family of 6 had been removed from the ship and was being guarded. We didn't know why at the time but found out later they had complained to the captain about the trip and were "verbally abusive". I have sailed on NCL, RCL and Princess and have never experienced anything like this trip. I am still shocked that I payed $2000.00 for my family to experience this. I will never choose Carnival again.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:16 PM

I wondered about the off-color water. We had rust and mold on the ceiling of our bathroom. ($2,600 for this suite). I was shocked at the $50 on the card--then they took $40 of it back for gratuity) We also met people on the upperdeck late at night sitting in chairs because their rooms were flooded and water running down the walls. I am sick, sore throat and other issues I won't go into here, but if I see many more people on here with illness, I will have to wonder if this ship wasn't diseased and not ready to sail. I hope they disinfected it well.

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, construction, cruise, deck, emergency, number, return, rust, senation, sensation, ship, sore, throat, upper, water