Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2006, 11:43 AM

We are trying to find our cabin number. We contacted Carnival and they told us to contact Expedia for the number. Expedia told us we will get our room number at the port on the day of the cruise. Does this sound right? Should we be worried about not getting on the ship? We have a guaranteed cabin booked since october. Thanks all
Old 04-02-2006, 12:13 PM

I have always booked my cruises as guaranteed inside stateroom and never had a problem.
This will be my third on Carnival, you will know what stateroom it is after payment is made in full. Than about 6 weeks before sail date you will receive yor tickets in the mail

Caribbean Discounts & Deals
Old 04-02-2006, 01:35 PM
Since you have a guarenteed cabin most likey you will not find out till you check in. some times a week or two out you can put your booking # in Carnival gift shop area, act like you are ordering something and the room number sometimes pops up before you finish the transaction, you don"t need to buy anything just pretend you are getting it and sometimes the cabin # will appear before the final step
Old 04-02-2006, 02:11 PM

A guaranteed cabin means a cabin is guaranteed to you for the cruise, which cabin it will be may not even be known to Carnival at this time. That is because you may get an even better cabin than the one you don't know you have(lol). You will at the very least be on the deck which you booked, maybe higher and a better cabin as well.
Have a safe and fun cruise,,,,
Deege
Old 04-07-2006, 08:33 AM

Like Deege says- Don't worry about it. I always do the "guaranteed cabin" thing. You book the category you want- Oceanview, interior, balcony etc and they "guarantee" you at least that category of cabin. So far I have always been upgraded. Not nessacarily to the best upgrade, but at minimum you get the one you requested. (I.E. We booked an interior on our Alaska cruise and got an obstructed Oceanview for the same price) I booked through a Carnival booking agent and he was nice enough to tell me what we were given (of course he made the disclaimer that it COULD change). Since you booked through Expedia, your only choice is to try the trick peachcrek mentions, but be aware that they don't tend to assign gaurantee cabins until a couple of months before the cruise..
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 04-07-2006, 02:05 PM

You can also try the Carnival site. Register on their site, go to modify booking, type in your expedia booking number and if the cabin number is assigned, it should show it. That is the way we found out our guarenteed room assignment on our January cruise. We were upgraded to interior on Upper deck. Also if you are traveling with someone that selected their cabin, you can ask Carnival to "tie" you to their cabin and if possible they will put you in the same vicinity.

Closed Thread

Tags
book, cabin, carnival, cruise, expedia, forum, guaranteed, msc, poesia, review, reviews, room, splendor, stateroom, whendoyoufindoutaboutyourcabinroonforcarnivalcruis e