Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2005, 08:10 PM

You do not have to stress about what you wear. I was a little uncomfortable in the dining room on the first night because our bags still had not made it to the cabin and I was wearing shorts. Little did I know that a family of ZZ Top looking bikers (really long grey beards) would show up the next night in T Shirts and shorts. It was a little off putting, mainly because I had to go through the hassle of getting my teenagers to wear quasi formal clothes. Third night: more of the same. I was amazed as I head read post after post from people wondering if a two year old could wear shorts as part of a SUIT to the dining room. Next night- collared shirts and long pants and that's the way it stayed. Someone must have said something to them and the 20 other people.

As far as weight goes, do yourself a favor and don't go on a diet before you go. You will spend the whole cruise wondering if you need psychiatric intervention because your eating behavior is so disordered- or was that just me? I just dieted for a month (haha, overstatement) and went on the cruise and literally stuffed my face for a week. The time to diet is AFTER, and believe me, nobody on a Carnival cruise is going to care what you look like. It's your attitude and desire to have fun that will shine through to others.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:16 AM

Hi. I havent been on for awhile but my wonderful parents just gave us two cruises for Christmas. We are planning for the 7tth of January 2006!!! I am so excited but a bit comfused. It will be my young adult daughter and myself going. We are looking for the beautiful beaches and sands. We arent planning to really do the excursion thing this time around. Where do you all suggest? We have the Carnival and Princess books. We have to decide asap. Please any input would be appreciated.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:06 PM

What are your port choices? There are an amazing number of beautiful beaches in the Caribbean - so if you can narrow it down a bit -we can share our favorites from the list.
Suzi
Old 08-23-2005, 06:41 AM

I'm also very relieved about the casual attire. Getting my husband to wear anything other than jeans or shorts is an act of congress, lol !! I wear lots of capri's and am glad to hear they're very acceptable. Ya know, when you're a first timer there's so much anxiety about alot of different things. I really enjoy this msg. board. Thanks to all for your input!!
Old 08-23-2005, 07:01 AM

I can always count on one thing I will say after a cruise--I packed too many clothes and never wore them!! So, this time I PLEDGE not to overpack. Yeah, right! No seriously, I am going to do my very best to take the most important items, which after 4 cruises are as follows: a swimsuit(more than one), a pool wrap(to keep all the ooglers from oogling), port clothes such as shorts/capris/tanks/tees, and dining room summer dresses. These I have found are the absolute essentials, and the dining room summer dresses are NOT super dressy, they are casual. On formal nights I do have a sequin dress, but ya know, its the same two dresses I have worn every cruise! Shhh, don't tell anybody!! Happy Sailing!!

Closed Thread

Tags
attire, capris, cruises, dress, formal, limit, nights, norwegian, nughr, slides, stockings, wear, weight, whatsthe