Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2007, 03:45 PM

We will be leaving on conquest 12-9-07 Galveston. Can anyone who has been on her tell me what deck it is that you are on when you enter the ship at Galveston
Thanks
Old 09-29-2007, 04:57 PM
Retired:

I have never been to Galveston. But if Galveston is like the other ports I have been to, on embarkation day, you will enter the ship on the same deck where the main Information Desk (a.k.a Pursers Desk, a.k.a. Front Desk) is located. On the Carnival Conquest, the Main Information Desk is located on the "Lobby Deck". The Lobby Deck is the third deck from the bottom deck on the Carnival Conquest.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:36 PM

Have never been to Galveston either. On the Glory, which is Conquest's sister ship we entered on the Lobby/Deck 3 as Frase described.

Dwayne
Old 09-30-2007, 06:49 AM
I think the lobby deck is pretty standard for embarcation, that's where I have always entered.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......
Old 09-30-2007, 07:11 AM
The lobby on the Fanasy Class is on Empress Deck, while the older Holiday Class, it is on Main Deck.

When I sailed on the Victory, there was a NCL ship in front of us that didn't have a terminal, but a large Circus Style tent. Those people were bording the ship on the bottom deck(Deck zero on Carnival)
Old 09-30-2007, 08:38 AM
Administrator

It may be one of those things that can change every so often. Several years ago, we boarded Carnival Destiny in New York on Deck 2, one deck below the lobby. Last year, we boarded sister ship Carnival Victory, at the same pier in New York, but entered the ship on Deck 3 (Lobby).
Old 09-30-2007, 08:54 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by retired:
We will be leaving on conquest 12-9-07 Galveston. Can anyone who has been on her tell me what deck it is that you are on when you enter the ship at Galveston
Thanks
I'm not trying to sound like a wise guy, but why does it matter?
Old 09-30-2007, 05:22 PM

There is a large number of us that will be sailing plus a wedding. Except for 1 couple none of us have ever been on a cruise. I happen to be one of those folks that like to have an idea of what and where things are when it's something I've never done. Plus I though it would be helpful to the group to know where we were on the ship.
Old 09-30-2007, 05:30 PM
Administrator

retired,

Although I didn't intend it to sound that way, by your response I think I still offended you and for that I apologize.

I like to know the details too, but really, the deck you board is not one of them. Much of the time it has more to do with the equipment at the port than anything else. The port may not have an access portal that reaches high enough on the ship for example.

I will tell you this....whatever deck you board on, don't go to the elevators in front of you (there will always be an elevator bank near the entrance). You'll be waiting for a while. Instead, go aft to the next elevator bank and you won't have as many people to contend with. Normally we go aft to find elevators since the most forward elevators might be locked out so they can deliver luggage.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:00 PM

Have probably posted this before, but seems fitting. Get there on time, or you might be entering on a non passenger deck with watermelons. That is what happened to me once.

This happened on Destiny out of Miami in 1997. We missed our flight due to fog, then another was cancelled. Ship was scheduled to leave at 4pm, we finally got there after 6. There were a total of 8 of us on a carnival shuttle that had missed flights. We didn't go through check-in, it was closed and the gangway gone. They pulled us in on a loading ramp with boxes of lettuce and watermelons.

Never want to go through a day like that again, and it was a miracle they held the ship. Have always went to the port a day early ever since.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
bottom, carnival, class, cruise, deck, desk, enter, fantasy, fascination, imagination, information, located, pursers, ship, ships