Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2010, 11:29 AM

Cas, Dwayne, stay safe! We're praying that all the storms will just go out to sea and leave everyone alone!
Old 08-31-2010, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Cas, Dwayne, stay safe! We're praying that all the storms will just go out to sea and leave everyone alone!
Thanks Penny, I've been more concerned about Cas and didn't even think about myself until the last Weather Channel update. "Georgia and South Carolina residents" should keep an eye on this storm they said. If I see the possibilities increasing of it coming my way I will go into storm mode. This ain't my first rodeo, though it's been a while since we've had a close hit.

The last one was Floyd that caused significant damage. If it does come my way and is above Cat 2 I'll skedaddle down to the parent's lake cottage which is made of block and brick. I wouldn't stay here so close to the ocean and on a marsh flood zone.

I've rode out a Cat 2 here before, but funny how you get better sense as you get older.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:20 AM

Well... its more than a cat 2 but as long as it stays out to sea you should be good. Keep us informed as you can. Hopefully you won't loose communications. I think Cas may have. He has not been back here since the storm went past PR...
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 08-31-2010, 09:20 PM

I'm hoping Cas didn't get much damage. I was relieved PR was on the south side and not a direct hit. If it is forecasted to come close here I'll be busy at work putting furniture inside off condo balconies. I threw away my plywood from the last one so I'll have to go to Home Depot or Lowes and get some more. Which will involve jump starting the 1988 Nissan Pick Up. It hasn't been moved since I hauled the Christmas tree away.

I'm beginning to think that Fiona could possibly merge with Earl. I'm not a meteorologist obviously though. They have it forecasted to be a Cat 3 when it is directly off my coast. I live just south of the NC border in North Myrtle Beach. I'm hoping the worst case is just big waves. Floyd blew the shingles off the building and scratched my car up. Then one in 96 blew a tree down on my truck. As I previously said "This ain't my first rodeo" with these buggers. If I can get to WalMart tomorrow I'll scan a picture and show you what Hugo did to my apartment.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:33 AM

So much for wishful thinking. I'm now in the wind zone probability cone. I "forecast" a busy two days ahead of me at ye olde condo rental office doing storm preparations.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:42 AM
Dwayne
I'm keeping a close eye on Earl here on Cape Cod as well, and I'm sure Lisa is watching too.
When 'Bob' hit 19 years ago, it wasn't so much the wind damage as the 2 weeks with ne electricity. Which means no air conditioning, no refrigeration, and for some with wells, no water.
The good news is that my husband is an electrician. He'll be busy with generator service calls this week, and if the storm hits, installations next week!
Weather may not be predictable, but at least people still are!

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers
Old 09-01-2010, 06:58 AM
Hi guys

Dwayne be careful with these one is a little crazy but my prayers are with you.
Situation in Puerto Rico

well the electricity is back it went out a few days and the internet same case, practically all island only had storm winds our main problem was Vieques and Culebra, actually st Thomas also for the cruise lines, all of the got the cat 2 winds so at the momente they are waiting for the release to let our ships to send syupplies to these islands...gas, food ect
the cruise port was not affected and the storm behind earl looks like they are not going to be a problem also so next week cruises should not be affected...Good luck to you all in the USA with Earl and I hope everything works out in a good way
Old 09-01-2010, 07:16 AM

Thanks Cas.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:15 AM

I can't believe we are already up to Tropical Storm Gaston!! They weren't kidding when they said this would be a busy hurricane season.

How are you doing down there, Cas? Things ok with Puerto Rico? It might be too early to tell but Gaston has been predicted to head to your area sometime around Tuesday.

Hopefully things quiet down for our upcoming cruise on the 12th out of SJ
Old 09-02-2010, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Dwayne be careful with these one is a little crazy but my prayers are with you.
Cas, Thank you my good friend. I think I'm going to dodge a bullet with this one. It finally made the long predicted and late turn early this AM. We should only have minimal effects with high surf, 30'ish mph wind, and some rain bands. I'll sure be glad when this bugger gets passed me. It is ominous looking being so close. Too many Hugo memories.

I got my first mini wind squall a few moments ago. It blew the cat door open. It should be by me later this evening.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all in Earl's path tonight and later on.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
16, 2014, carnival, cruise, current, juan, line, san, september, update, weather