Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2010, 09:14 PM

The current Weather Update can be viewed HERE.

Dwayne
Old 08-27-2010, 08:55 PM

Above post updated.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:33 PM
Administrator

I'll wager at least one wedding party is aboard the Dream who had planned a beach wedding in St. Thomas, and now they won't be going there.
Old 08-28-2010, 02:53 PM
Well there are a few problems I have been checking the storm(Earl)and it looks at the moment St.Martin and st.Kitts will be affected in the next 24 hours and for my island of Puerto Rico we are looking not so good, at the moment, st.Thomas is at storm warning and they already put Puerto Rico in the cone of probabilities, from experience this storm will affect us directly I hope I''m wrong, anyway if you are leaving in the carnival Victory tomorrow or the adventure of the seas you should check the bulletin at 8:00 pm because this can affect your cruise at the national weather service in San Juan.
Is just a storm even a huracane cat 1 is not that strong but I know this will change your itinerary
Old 08-28-2010, 05:32 PM
Administrator

At least a couple of lines have changed their itineraries from E. Caribbean to W. Caribbean due to Tropical Storm Earl.

Cas, we will be thinking of you and hope you and your family remains safe.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:35 PM

Cas, I hope they stay away and you and family will be safe. I am keeping a watchful eye on these buggers. When they get near you, that means from experience they can come my way just like Hugo did.

Image from NOAA
Old 08-28-2010, 11:25 PM
Thanks guys for the concern

we are praying to get away from this
so we are in God hands now
but its not as strong as hugo this is just a cat 1 hurricane if it get to us in the near future it will be around 70 mph Hugo was a cat 5 when it hit us so is wayyyyy less dangerous than Hugo either way this is not something you want to experience even if is not as strong as others
I can tell you this at the moment we are on Hurricane warning so My best guess Carnival Victory and Rccl cruise will not be departing tomorrow from Puerto RIco so maybe is best to confirm with your cruise line just in case
like I told you this is a GUESS and my personal opinion but looking from the island point of view and considering this is a big storm it will be wise for the Cruise lines to protect their cruisers and stay in port just until this left the island...
Old 08-29-2010, 01:43 AM

Cas, I've been watching and waiting for the advisories all night. I think Puerto Rico is currently under a watch. As we know these paths and swaths can change quickly though. At this time Carnival has not posted an update. Royal Caribbean hasn't posted one either.

Last NOAA update.

While Earl is just a Tropical Storm now, I am still vigilant about watching though. One Hugo will do you as far as taking these things serious.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:06 AM
here is what we have we are still on Storm-hurracane watch since its 70 mph and it only needs 74 to be declared Hurricane, the storm have not change it's direction so our main problems we are looking to probably be hit by a cat 1 hurricane it's not that strong if this gets us it will start around monday morning but like you see in the radar it will affect all the small island at the same time.

the recomendation from our weather service is that the ships should stay in port since the conditions of the sea are rough, but don't say anything if this include BIG ships like the cruise liners...if I find out I'll let you know
Old 08-29-2010, 06:49 PM

Cas, Let us know how it's looking down there when you can. We had rip current warnings today left over from Danielle.

Closed Thread

Tags
16, 2014, carnival, cruise, current, juan, line, san, september, update, weather