Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2006, 11:53 AM

Has anybody recently been on the Triumph Western Caribbean (7 day). How was it? Any suggestions for shore excursions? This is our first cruise and we were waffling back and forth on what ship to take but have finally made our decision. 3/4 of our group preferred the Western Caribbean ports of call rather than the 7 day Eastern offered on the Glory.

Thanks for any and all comments.
Old 04-02-2006, 03:48 PM

We just returned from the Triumph (03/18/06 sailing) I can only compare it to the Inspiraton which we were on in 2000. It is a larger ship and not as easily to find your way around on as the Inspiration. I recall maybe only two decks that you can get from one end to the other on. We really enoyed the ports of call on the Western Caribbean cruise. We were interested in the dolphin swim while in Cozumel but due to Wilma the park was destroyed, so decided to do that excursion in Jamaica, and we combined it with the Dunn's river Falls.(done through the crusie ship) In Grand Cayman we booked via the internet with Moby Dick Tours. It was cheaper that way. ($35) Had a great time and would recommend them. Hope this helps, enjoy your cruise!!
Old 04-06-2006, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by oreo:
We just returned from the Triumph (03/18/06 sailing) I can only compare it to the Inspiraton which we were on in 2000. It is a larger ship and not as easily to find your way around on as the Inspiration. I recall maybe only two decks that you can get from one end to the other on. We really enoyed the ports of call on the Western Caribbean cruise. We were interested in the dolphin swim while in Cozumel but due to Wilma the park was destroyed, so decided to do that excursion in Jamaica, and we combined it with the Dunn's river Falls.(done through the crusie ship) In Grand Cayman we booked via the internet with Moby Dick Tours. It was cheaper that way. ($35) Had a great time and would recommend them. Hope this helps, enjoy your cruise!!
Would you recommend the Dunn's River Falls and Dolphin Swim excursion? Was it worth the money? Also, what kind of excursions does Moby Dick Tours do?

Thanks.
Old 04-06-2006, 02:34 PM

We did the "Sailings to Dunns River Falls" excursion last dec. '05. We all had a great time. Our age group was 13, 14, 24, 25, 47 & 50. We all had a great time at the falls & the beach, arriving via a 65 ft catamaran.

Caribbean Discounts & Deals
Old 04-06-2006, 04:56 PM

lucky 50
I did not do the Dunn's River falls this time,
I did it 20 years ago. Guess I was young and crazy back then!!! It is not for the faint of heart and you certainly do need lots of energy.
It is a 600 ft. climb up. Rocks are quite slippery and uneven. Some of the rock faces are quite high. Hundreds and hundreds of people climb it daily and there are definetly injuries that occure. I was there with my 30 year old daughter this time and she chose not to go up it. It is definetly a personal call on this one. We did the Dolphin Cove "swim", don't know if we really got any more one on one with the dolphin then if we had of chosen the "encounter". But what ever the cost if you are a dolphin fan I would do one of them. They are adorable creatures! We were only looking for the stingray sandbar tour on Grand Cayman and by reading the "trip advisor" web page dicided this was a good tour company. I am not sure what other tours they offer, but go to their web site (www.mobydicktours.com) and I am sure they will have that info for you. Enjoy your travels. Happy crusing!!
Old 04-06-2006, 08:47 PM

I agree with the others on Dunn's River Falls. It is definetly exercise and we saw at least three people carried off with some form of injury. Don't try it unless you are in decent shape. And don't believe the tour description of "climb at your own pace and see the beauty". You climb in a long line of people holding hands.. There is no "your own pace" about it.

I whole heartedly recommend the stingray bar or the stingray bar and snorkle. Really cool. We have done that one twice now. I haven't been able to bring myself to spend the $$$ for the dolphin encounters, didn't seem like any more of an encounter than I could get at Seaworld.

Jim
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 04-08-2006, 06:51 AM

I've been to DRF before and I thought it was quite easy particularly with people in front and behind helping you along. We are on the Triumph on April 15th with my 78 year old parents and they plan on climbing the falls. If they change their minds they can walk along the walkway/stairway next to the fall.
Old 04-08-2006, 07:54 AM

As I stated earlier we all had a great time at Dunns River Falls. Yes it takes a little effort to climb the falls but, overall it is relatively easy. As you go up the falls you take breaks to take pictures and slide down a rock [smooth] slide. I have had numerous surgeries including, having a plate & 5 screws in my left ankle, spinal fusion c5-6 & c6-7, & knee surgery. Yes, it is 600ft high & 1,000ft inland. I saw no one get injured on our trip.

Old 04-08-2006, 07:55 AM

By the way I am 47.

Old 04-09-2006, 02:22 PM

Hi, my husband and I are going on the Triumph for the first time,. When are you going? We are going April 29th. We took our first cruise last year on the Facination, and loved it. We have decided to go Snuba in Cozumel, and ride the horses in Ochos Rios!
Quote:
Originally posted by lucky50:
Has anybody recently been on the Triumph Western Caribbean (7 day). How was it? Any suggestions for shore excursions? This is our first cruise and we were waffling back and forth on what ship to take but have finally made our decision. 3/4 of our group preferred the Western Caribbean ports of call rather than the 7 day Eastern offered on the Glory.

Thanks for any and all comments.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carnival, carribbean, carribean, cruise, dolphin, encounter, excursions, reviews, triumph, western