Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2007, 07:50 PM

For those of you not up to date on the situation, the Pride is suffering mechanical problems and getting into port late (Monday). For more information, check out this board:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=488455

Old 02-05-2007, 01:10 AM

Hello everybody,

here's a press release from Carnival on this:

Quote:
Carnival Pride February 4 Departure

The Carnival Pride cruise scheduled to depart on Sunday, February 4 will be shortened to a 6 day departing on Monday, February 5. The ship will be delayed returning from the previous cruise.

We sincerely apologize for this itinerary change and disruption to your vacation plans. Rest assured, all of the Carnival team will do everything possible to minimize this inconvenience.

The itinerary for the 6 day will visit Mazatlan and Cabo San Lucas as previously scheduled and the call in Puerto Vallarta will be canceled.

In addition, guests that sail on the 6 day will receive the following:

1. 15% refund of cruise fare;

2. $50 per person onboard credit

If you had air transportation scheduled for Sunday and purchased the air from Carnival, our air/sea department will change your flight to Monday and advise you of the new schedule. If you purchased independent air transportation, Carnival will reimburse up to $200 per person in change fees / additional air costs.

Again, we sincerely apologize for this situation. However, we are looking forward to welcoming you aboard the Carnival Pride for the 6 day cruise on February 5.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 02-05-2007, 07:40 PM

Thanks Raoul! I'm hoping the ship is now on it's way to Mexico!

Old 02-06-2007, 04:47 AM
Just got off the Pride yesterday as we had to go into San Pedro instead of Long Beach. They then bussed us back bus to Long Beach or the airport. The ship was very helpful in opening up the phone lines for free for persons changing air flights etc. The ones who had flights with Carnival had no problems as they took care of everything for them. We lost one propeller and had to limp back to California on one motor. It was slow, but gave us an extra day at sea which was sunny and warm. AND as a special gift to us John Tesh ,which was aboard with his wife, held a special concert for the ship in two settings. He was there for 200 of his special fans in a private party, but then did it for the whole ship as a favor to Carnival. What a treat!!!
2004 Esctasy CATALINA-MEXIC0
2005 NCL SAN FRANCISCO
2006 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2007 Pride MEXICAN RIVIERA
2008 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2008 Destiny SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN
2009 Liberty EASTERN CARIBBEAN
2010 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2011 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2012 Crown Princess EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN
Old 02-06-2007, 04:55 AM
PS for those missing Puerto Vallarta your not missing a thing. It is a dirty shaby town that for the first time in my life told my husband I was done shopping get me back to the ship. The time share people and venters just drove you nuts. I was very disapointed in the town that I have always heard so much about. The other two ports were wonderful. For 15% and $50.00 well worth the miss.....
2005 NCL SAN FRANCISCO
Old 02-06-2007, 06:43 PM

Thanks for the update, Baby Doll.

Old 02-09-2007, 11:36 PM

Sorry to hear that babydoll did not care for Puerto Vallarta. It has always been one of my favorite cities in Mexico for both a cruise stop or land based vacation.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:10 AM

Quote:
PS for those missing Puerto Vallarta your not missing a thing.
My wife and I really enjoyed Puerto Vallarta. I could buy a vacation get away there!

Old 02-11-2007, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Raoul Fiebig:
Hello everybody,

here's a press release from Carnival on this:

quote:
Carnival Pride February 4 Departure

The Carnival Pride cruise scheduled to depart on Sunday, February 4 will be shortened to a 6 day departing on Monday, February 5. The ship will be delayed returning from the previous cruise.

We sincerely apologize for this itinerary change and disruption to your vacation plans. Rest assured, all of the Carnival team will do everything possible to minimize this inconvenience.

The itinerary for the 6 day will visit Mazatlan and Cabo San Lucas as previously scheduled and the call in Puerto Vallarta will be canceled.

In addition, guests that sail on the 6 day will receive the following:

1. 15% refund of cruise fare;

2. $50 per person onboard credit

If you had air transportation scheduled for Sunday and purchased the air from Carnival, our air/sea department will change your flight to Monday and advise you of the new schedule. If you purchased independent air transportation, Carnival will reimburse up to $200 per person in change fees / additional air costs.

Again, we sincerely apologize for this situation. However, we are looking forward to welcoming you aboard the Carnival Pride for the 6 day cruise on February 5.

I am impressed with what Carnival is offering for those who are being put out. That would probably satisfy me. Not much you can do about a mechanical failure, except maybe practice better maintenance but even then, nothing is perfect.

I hope I don't see a lot of complaining from the passengers regarding this.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:47 AM
I'm sure PV is a nice place, I just probably got a bad taste from the time share people and some venders. As far as people complaining I don't think I heard anyone upset about the incident and Carnival was really good to keep us updated and do everything to reset flight plans etc. I mean your driving on vacation and the transmission goes out whata gonna do; stuff just happens.
2005 NCL SAN FRANCISCO

Closed Thread

Tags
2004, cabo, carnival, catalina, dennis, failure, holland, lucas, mazatlan, mechanical, miss, pride, problems, puerto, sail, san, suffering, vallarta