Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2008, 08:25 AM
Banned

I just returned from the Carnival Valor western caribbean. The itenerary was great. Honduras, Belize, Cozumel and Grand Cayman were amzing. The cleaning staff and room stewards did a great job too. I enjoyed the production shows, some of the comedy shows, ventraliquist and juggler. For that i give kudos to Carnival. BUT. The cruise staff acted as if the didn't want to be there and succesfully made the cruise worse. The purser's desk was rude and arrogant. The crowd wasn't very great with partiers, drinkers, smokers and rude people. Carnival's ship was gaudy because of messed up joe Farcus. Dining assistant was great but our head waiter was inconsistant. Also the rooms the cruise line put us in very unpleasing and they did nothing to ensure our satisfaction. Also it was loud with many rude passesngers. not to mention the cruise staff was drinking on the job. The cruise was good but i won't take another Carnival! Time for Princess and RCI again.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:29 AM

wow, I have never experienced rudeness by the staff on any of our cruises. Can you give us some examples of the staffs rudeness.
as for fellow passengers being rude, that is not carnivals fault.
did you get the room you paid for or did the down grade you?
what did you want from them so you cruise would have been more enjoyable. just wondering
I love carnival. so I would love to hear the examples of what went wrong.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by luv2cruise3:
I just returned from the Carnival Valor western caribbean. The itenerary was great. Honduras, Belize, Cozumel and Grand Cayman were amzing. The cleaning staff and room stewards did a great job too. I enjoyed the production shows, some of the comedy shows, ventraliquist and juggler. For that i give kudos to Carnival. BUT. The cruise staff acted as if the didn't want to be there and succesfully made the cruise worse. The purser's desk was rude and arrogant. The crowd wasn't very great with partiers, drinkers, smokers and rude people. Carnival's ship was gaudy because of messed up joe Farcus. Dining assistant was great but our head waiter was inconsistant. Also the rooms the cruise line put us in very unpleasing and they did nothing to ensure our satisfaction. Also it was loud with many rude passesngers. not to mention the cruise staff was drinking on the job. The cruise was good but i won't take another Carnival! Time for Princess and RCI again.
Just joined and just posted negatively about your cruise Welllllllllllllll some people are never satisfied.........................

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-18-2008, 08:39 AM

Nita that was my thought but I was trying to be more gentle. but i would love to know what her exact complaint was not just general complaint.
on our first cruise we requested early dinning. got late dining, tried to get it changed but they wouldnt, couldnt, or didnt change it. we decided it could spoil our cruise if we let it. We had a blast. We are early eaters but never skipped a beat on the cruise. and absolutely loved it. Hooked on cruising and I love Carnival. We didnt let the lated dining affect our cruise one bit.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:44 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Also the rooms the cruise line put us in very unpleasing and they did nothing to ensure our satisfaction.
What was wrong with the cabins?
Old 06-18-2008, 09:06 AM

I'm sure Joe Farcus appreciates your constructive criticism and laughs all the way to the bank. He has designed all the Carnival ships with some type of theme, often whimsical. While you might not appreciate it, others do. Just as I don't particularly care for Picasso, but his paintings are valuable.
Exactly what was wrong with your cabin? Carnival has some of the largest cabins in the industry.
Staff was drinking? That's a first I've never seen. Are you referring to officers or service crew? Some crew of higher ranks are allowed in the passenger areas and are allowed certain privileges.

What crew members are you referring to made the cruise consistently worse? The pursers desk? If it was just the pursers desk you shouldn't be putting them in the same basket with the others when you already said the wait staff, and cabin steward were great.

Just what were your demands that the pursers desk couldn't satisfy? Did you ask to speak to the head purser or the Hotel Manager?
Old 06-18-2008, 11:10 AM

Sorry you didn't enjoy your cruise. However, Carnival cannot be held responsible for the clientelle on board. I do hope you enjoyed your ports and it does sound like you enjoyed the food. Word of warning, if you didn't like Carnival's decor, don't try Costa they're even more vibrant. Best wishes on your next cruise, it's great to have choices. It's evident Carnival wasn't for you, so Princess or Royal will be your next one. Let us know what you select!
Old 06-18-2008, 12:04 PM
Banned

First, sorry you weren't satisfied.

I love the Farkus decorating and all the gaudiness that goes with it.

I also love the exciting loud "Happening" ambiance of Carnival.

So, I will still sail Carnival but it obviously isn't for everyone.

Sodey
Old 06-18-2008, 12:31 PM

luv2cruise3, I happen to agree with you as with my latest experience with Carnival. BUT..I KEEP GOING BACK because of the price and departure convenience. I have been on 11 cruises my most recent booking on NCL and find the guests IN MOST CASES are less pleasant than I have found on Celebrity or NCL. I also feel that there has been a great change in how the staff behaves ever since they implemented the tips automatically being charged to your card. In past years when you were able to tip to your discretion, I found they were more personable and went out of their way to make sure you were happy. I find that Carnival is great for a quicky get away but feel that I am always more satisified when I plan our more lengthy cruises with other lines.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:36 PM

AND....(FORGOT TO ADD THIS IN) JUST SO YOU KNOW YOUR NOT CRAZY..a few years ago I was on Celebrity in Bermuda and a store owner was openly talking about how they were just about to let Carnival in thier port for the first time and were limiting them to just a short period in the beginning of the tourist season BECAUSE THE ISLAND FELT THEIR CLIENTEL WAS NOT UP TO THEIR liking and prefer more subdued guests. try celebrity!! I think you will be satisfied all around

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, farcus, farkus, frcus, gaudy, joe