Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2009, 06:04 PM

I have some questions about the ship Inspiration. I'm thinking about doing the 5 day Western Caribbean cruise to Grand Cayman and Cozumel, Mexico in September or October. How is this ship like, and how is the crew?

Also, on the days that we are at sea, is there anything to actually do besides lounge by the pool, even though this would be perfect for me. I don't want to spend all day up on the pool deck.

I've heard that supposedly Carnival is a young person's cruise line. My only other cruise before this was on Royal Caribbean, but through AAA I can get a significant discount on Carnival for the same ports of call on Carnival than on Royal Caribbean. How does Carnival compare with Royal Caribbean overall?
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 01-05-2009, 12:26 PM

Hi Michael,

Our first cruise was on the Inspiration and we were very pleased. There were some younger people on this cruise but it was the first week in March so we were expecting that. Many older and middle aged folks as well.

I can't comment on RC because we have only travelled on Carnival. On the Inspiration, we had the best waiters, they were so entertaining !

As far as being busy during the days at sea, our friends enjoyed the walking/jogging on the Sun deck and we all enjoyed exploring the ship, the bars, the shopping, the restaurants etc..

Visit Carnival's website to get all the info you need to see what is offered on the ship. We also had a great time in the 2 ports. Hope this helps.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:21 PM

I just came back from a cruise in Carnival Paradise...3 nights to Ensenada, Mex.
I have a question regarding the comedy shows. I had an 11:00 pm adult comedy show.
They had 2 comics..One was excellent. The other one was a great disappointment.
They said that if you get offended with adult language to leave... I understand that and I tell you I am not a prude...It was a good show until one of the comedians started with totally racist jokes. In that I take an exception.
Is not adult just to stereotype the Mexicans as laziest...I am not mexican...but I found the jokes so lousy that I wanted to leave the ship
Old 01-05-2009, 03:36 PM
Administrator

Welcome to cruise-chat.

Humor is best when it has a basis in truth. In the example you provided that is not the case. If anything, Mexicans are among the hardest working people on the planet and certainly not lazy. All I can say is, Carnival must have either auditioned him or at least heard his act before they signed him. They aren't in the business of blindly hiring acts sight unseen. They did warn you about content. I've always took it to mean be prepared for anything or else stay away. If enough people told Carnival they didn't like the act, he won't be around long.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:52 PM

Hi Michael, If you go in September or October, you won't think Carnival is a young person's cruise line. I've been going in October the last several years and find the prevalent age range to be more middle to senior.

Dwayne
Old 01-09-2009, 05:18 PM

my family of two 70 year olds, my husband and myself (mid 40s), and 4 twentyish kids, just got back from the Inspiration/Grand Cayman- Cozumel 5 day cruise. we had a wonderful time. Highlights were:
1. something for all ages with the ability to have dinner together each night to check in with everyone's experiences of the day.
2. service was excellent
3. food was pretty good.
4. excursions were sooo much fun. we did the Amazing race on cozumel. OMG. It kicked my butt, and was sooooo worth it.

Not So great things:
1. some of the diners in the dining rooms were allowed in with sleeveless shirts. yuck. I found it gross. Hairy armpits and food do not mix.
2. Disembaration was a nightmare. took many hours with little organization and total chaos. The foreigners did not check into their appropriate stations to go through customs.
It held up the whole process and we could have missed out flight home. This was awful.

On the whole it was a perfect ship for the assorted ages that we had in our group. Everyone filled their days with many activities. I recommend this cruise!
Old 01-09-2009, 06:54 PM

Hi momofspike, and Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

Thank you for your report and comments.

Welcome aboard,

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
aaa, brandon, carnival, crew, crowded, cruise, inspiration, inspriation, jan, mid, questions, review, ship