Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2007, 08:35 AM

Have anyone ever stayed in the Upper deck rooms? The rooms I booked are U175 & U173. How are the rooms on the upper deck?

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 11-10-2007, 08:48 AM

Hi Gabbie, Most of the cabins of the same type are identical between the decks. What ship is it?

Dwayne
Old 11-10-2007, 02:02 PM

Hi Gabbie, Most of the cabins of the same type are identical between the decks. What ship is it?

Dwayne
It is the Fantasy! They are not bunk beds are they?

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 11-10-2007, 02:05 PM

Yep, they're cat 1A which on this ship are an upper/lower berth (bunkbeds). Didn't your T/A or cruiseline rep disclose that the Cat 1A is that configuration?

Cheers, Neil
Old 11-10-2007, 03:30 PM

Yep, they're cat 1A which on this ship are an upper/lower berth (bunkbeds). Didn't your T/A or cruiseline rep disclose that the Cat 1A is that configuration?

Cheers, Neil

The guy I spoke to was from Carnival and said they were two twin beds, didn't tell they were bunk beds, which will be ok, because I do not plan on sleeping to much.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 11-10-2007, 03:43 PM

Glad you're okay with the cabin layout but the person you spoke to did you a great dis-service in not disclosing the bed configuration. Perhaps it was an innocent mistake but if you have the name of that person I'd call Carnival and ask to speak with a Supervisor. Believe me, they want to know when someone is not following the guidelines with disclosures. Agencies, at least the vast majority of them would also want to know about such circumstances. There is nothing wrong with booking a Cat 1A as long as you're aware of what you're going to get and agree to it prior to arriving at the ship.

Disclosures like bunkbeds, obstructed view windows/balconies and other such issues need to be covered at the time of the booking. Not doing so is not just a mistake it's unethical if it's done on purpose.

Cheers, Neil
Old 11-10-2007, 04:17 PM

I totally agree with Neil. Twin beds may be the same size beds as the upper/lowers, but no one in the cruise business describes them as twins. At least anyone that knows what they are talking about. I am glad you are ok with it, and best wishes.

Dwayne
Old 11-10-2007, 04:17 PM

Thanks for the info. I called and left a message for them to call me. I am not sure if he mentioned it or not, I was so excited about booking the cruise. I also asked him in my email if was too late to upgrade to an oceanview room with two twin beds. I hope it is not to late. If so I can deal with I got, with no problem. I am going to have fun regardless, and not much time for sleeping.

Thanks for all you help, I appreciate it. I love this board, I get so many tips on here. I am so ready for this Cruise, it all I have been talking about for weeks. My only problem I am having now is find the right swimwear.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 11-10-2007, 04:22 PM

Hope it all works out. You should be here, when I got home (N. Myrtle Bch) a few days ago all the beachwear stores are having swimwear clearances. Good Luck

Dwayne
Old 11-10-2007, 04:27 PM

Thanks....I emailed the guy at Carnival that called and emailed me (the guy I spoke to and booked through was someone I got on line when I had questions, and ended up booking)...I am really ok, with the bunks, but I was thinking that I would like an ocean view room, so I emailed to ask if it was to late to upgrade to an ocean view....if they have any left.

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, fantasy, island, ok, poor, princess, rooms, state, staterooms, u173, u175