Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2008, 07:31 PM
Banned

John has the video of a singer (Claude) on his Blog today AND Claude is from New Orleans AND
John said (not an exact quote) "I did not tell you this but Carnival is adding a second ship in your home port of New Orleans"

John said it twice!!!!

It is at the end of the last video on today's blog!!!

(fingers crossed that it is the Triumph!!!)
Old 07-22-2008, 07:35 PM
If that turns out to be true...that would be so AWESOME! To spend a few days in NOLA and then jump on a wonderful ship like the Triumph would be a great vacation!!!!!

Old 07-22-2008, 10:40 PM

I haven't heard anything official yet. John's comment is certainly worth taking notice of. I was so impressed with the performance, I am going to post a link.

Talent Show.

Dwayne
Old 07-23-2008, 04:42 AM

wow good for N O but that gentleman sang awesome. I enjoyed that very much.
But to add to the rumor mill,
Mobile has approved the money for the turning basin enlargement, I think they said all construction will be complete by next summer.
I cant wait.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:05 AM
Banned

That is excellent news about Mobile as well.

I believe that Mobile has truly proven itself to be a wonderful port and a good opportunity for Carnival.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:06 AM

All we can hope is, if Mobile builds it, they will come
Old 07-24-2008, 10:14 AM

That is great news for Mobile. As much as I like cruising out of NOLA, I though Mobile's terminal was much better (better parking, layout, customer service, etc). I'd like to cruise a Fantasy class (or dreaming big now, a Spirit class) sailing from Mobile.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-25-2008, 07:29 AM

The Mississippi River is closed to traffic for 80 miles below New Orleans, due to a ship and oil barge accident that sent the equivilant of 55 truck loads of #6 oil into the river near the cruise ship dock and the Greater New Orleans Connection bridge. That means that the returning cruise of the Fantasy may have to dock in Gulfport, MS. if the river traffic is not open by tonight. Fantasy will be due upriver, but it may rerouted to the Ms. Gulf Coast, like it did when the water was too high for the Conquest to make it under the power lines crossing the river.

Anyone going tomorrow on the Fantasy needs to check with Carnival. They may bus the passengers to the temporary port in Ms. and bring the off loading passengers back to New Orleans to their vehicles. What a mess, in more ways than one. The oil spill is being cleaned up, but will disrupt shipping in the river for days. I live 30 miles upriver from the city, and just returned from a Fantasy cruise earlier this month.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:25 AM

Hi Lynda, thanks for posting this. I saw that on the news yesterday evening. I hope they get it cleaned up fast.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, royal, rumours