Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2002, 09:28 AM

We will be going on the Spirit next month to Cabo San Lucas and La Paz does anyone know anything about shore tours at either place? Prices? also does anyone know if there are any irons on board, I know there are washers and dryers, but what about wrinkled clothes, not that I need domestic chores on vacation but last time I looked wrinkles weren't the rage. Thanks
Old 09-08-2002, 09:28 AM

We will be going on the Spirit next month to Cabo San Lucas and La Paz does anyone know anything about shore tours at either place? Prices? also does anyone know if there are any irons on board, I know there are washers and dryers, but what about wrinkled clothes, not that I need domestic chores on vacation but last time I looked wrinkles weren't the rage. Thanks
Old 09-08-2002, 06:54 PM

We took the Spirit through the Panama Canal and Mexican Riviera in April, and were not pleased with the whole "Spirit" experience. I might add that this was the cruise preceeding them cutting the Hawaiian cruise short by 4 days, and canceling out the following cruise due to airconditioning and elevator problems. We experienced both on numerous occasions, but they didn't want to hear of it. I don't remember if there were irons in the laundry room. The laundry rooms were terribly small, and you had to almost take a number to get a machine. 2 machines and 4 dryers with no place to sit and wait. I arrived at 6:30 on a sea day, and got back to the room about 1 PM. I would really suggest that you "roll-pack" your clothes. This prevents wrinkling. We didn't stop at La Paz, but did in Cobo. Cobo is a tendered port, and the tender drivers leave a lot to be desired. Unloading was especially difficult, as they had everyone meeting in the theater for whatever tour they had, and then everyone going for the tenders at the same time. If you are not on a ship tour, you will have to get a tender time slip, which will allow you to get off the ship in the first place. Tours have top priority. We took the glass factory tour, and I can't recall the price. Cobo is certainly not what we anticipated when you see it on TV. People that did snorkeling all had the same comment, water was freezing. From what we understand, the water is usually cold there, not what you would think it should be. As a whole, the Mexican Riviera was not what we anticipated, with the exception of Puerto Vallarta which was very beautiful, and very clean. If I can be of any further help, don't hesitate to ask. Have Fun! Sue
Old 09-15-2002, 04:40 PM

Did you like the glass tour? I am traveling with 5 sisters, our Mom and Step-mom and an Aunt. our ages range from 31 all the way up to a spry 79. (I think my Mother who is 74 is actually the oldest) and would like to find something that we could all do (although I would like to go diving)
Old 09-15-2002, 04:59 PM

The glass tour was not worth the money, and to a dirty, beat up glass factory. We expected to see something like we did in Caracas, Venezuela 2 years earlier to Murano Glass Factory, where we could have bought out the store. Terrible, with nothing really to buy. They then take you to a small town where you leave the bus to visit a church. You then have quite a long walk to get back to the bus that's parked down the street. I stayed with the bus, as I walk with a walker, and sounded more than I could handle. They make a brief stop for photo op at a hotel, as well as an Italian Restaurant that overlooks the bay. Some people really loved the town, but I never found out what they liked about it. Yell if can supply more info. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2002, 05:53 PM

Thank you for replying so fast. Was there any tours that you know of that anyone really enjoyed? My mom will be taking a cane as she has trouble walking and what walking she does is really slow was there any problem with disembarking from the ship? and at the port?
Old 09-15-2002, 07:15 PM

You're welcome! I think I might have mentioned, that Cobo is a tender port, and not that easy to get on and off those things, as well as the way the tender drivers drive. The glass tour appeared to be the easiest available, but as I said, that didn't work out. Probably a mile or so walk into town, with the normal shops found in any other Caribbean or Mexican port. There's several vendors right where the tenders drop you off, located under 1 roof with very tight aisles. Not my favorite port as you can see. You can't pre-book tours on Carnival, and we put in during the shore excursion tour, and didn't get the tour. They added buses, a few days later, and we were on a wait list. I would almost suggest that under the circumstances, Mom would probably be better off staying on the ship while you go ashore. Looked but can't locate the booklet to tell you prices of various things. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2002, 08:10 PM

You have been most helpful. This is my first cruise and what I am trying to do is get my disfunctional family together to have a great time. I really appreciate your info. I put in a message on the Ports of Call section to see if I get any more info. Thanks again
Old 10-14-2002, 06:34 AM

Yes, there are irons in the laundry rooms. Have fun.

Closed Thread

Tags
dryer, italy, murano, sea, spirit, sue, tours