Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2007, 07:47 AM

when Im on board I encourage others to go see the great sites of the port. I tell them "you have to see such and such" specially if they have KIDS...lol then I stay on the ship and enjoy the non crowded pool area. Ive been to Nassau and freeport 6 times, however this october Im going to Puerto Rico and a feww other stops I havent been to. so I may just have to get off the ship for a bit.

Living here in Florida makes it easier for some of us to just go ahead and stay on the ship, It's not like Ive saved and planned and flew miles for a vacation, living down here "IS" a vacation. the easy access to the ports and a few days to kill are just a bonus.
Man I dig it here
Old 08-15-2007, 08:26 AM

You dont have to rub it in.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:34 AM

Yup, I was just sitting here trying to figure out if the hubby could get a job in Florida and how the kids would feel changing schools... or if I should just move there myself!
Old 08-15-2007, 04:40 PM

Okay so are getting off the ship for sure. Cousin wants to go into Jamaica. Everyone wants to go on the Jungle River Tubing Excursion. All is well. I think will be okay but I AM NOT going shopping there.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-15-2007, 07:04 PM

Tonya --- you will love Conquest. I would definitely agree on the shopping - we hated it there .. next time we go I'm either sitting on my balcony not getting approached for drugs and not being constantly asked if I want a taxi (which i just got out of!) ... We had friends that did the tubing there - they said it was ok not great ...
Old 08-16-2007, 04:19 PM

Okay well it has been decided I think, we are going to go on the catamaran/snorekling/beach tour. Has anyone done it? Is it fun? I am doing my research this time unlike last time. lol

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-16-2007, 06:12 PM

Tonya31, Yes we did this on our Conquest cruise. Its not a bad excursion, they pick you up right from the pier the ships ties up to. So, you won't have to go into town. But be careful on the "beach" part of this as the beggars and hair braiders will decend upon you once you hit the beach. Then on the return trip the catamaran captain lets his beggar buddies ride back and try to sell you worthless braclets.

BUT it is by far the most hassle free of the excursions, so if you travel buddies insist on doing something this is probably your best choice.

Have a great time on the Conquest!
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 08-16-2007, 08:05 PM

On my last cruise, when the ship got to Nassau, the weather was horrible. Misty, drizzling rain all day. I was going to get off but got as far as the bottom of the gangplank and, decided since I had already been to Nassau a number of times, it was not worth walking in the messy rain to see things that I had already seen. The beach was out b/c of the weather.

I turned right around and got back on the ship. This is the first time I have not gotten off of the ship. I found it to be an wonderful experience. The ship was empty, quiet and surprisingly peaceful. I found a quiet corner on the main deck and just sat in one of the curved sofas and read my novel. It was sooooo very nice. It was also the last day of an 8 day cruise and not going on shore gave me plenty of time to eat, read, nap and pack my stuff up without the feeling of rush rush rush.

I will probably do that again. In fact, on my next cruise, I am going to Nassau. I may leave the ship very early for a quick dip at the beach but plan to get back to the ship early to enjoy the tranquility.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Victory, CCL Imagination, CCL Victory

Past Cruzes: RCCL Navigator, RCCL Majesty, CCL Destiny,
Glory (2007),Liberty (2007), Fantasy (2007), Destiny (2006), PofAm (2005), Inspiration (2005), Fascination (2004), Victory (2004), Fascination (2004), RCCL VOS(2003), Fantasy (1999)
Old 08-18-2007, 10:57 PM

Guess you people just like to cruise without stopping anywhere. You all have to think, most of the people on those island are very poor and selling "trinkets" is their only means to make a living. If you can afford the cruise, for gosh sakes, you can afford an inexpensive trinket that could help feed that seller. Yes they are a little aggressive at times but think more desperate than anything. I have a small native doll from all the islands we have been to and have not minded spending a few dollars
for them. Also have witnessed how we Americans
treat the island people and it sure does bring to mind "The Ugly American".
OK jumping off the soapbox now.
Sherry

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-19-2007, 03:22 AM

I think sometimes people have just been to certain ports before and it wasn't their cup of tea so to speak. So they decide to enjoy the ship instead.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
boat, call, carnival, cruise, eat, free, jamaica, jamica, lunch, onboard, port, ports, ship, shipsstaying, stay, staying