Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2008, 08:34 PM

I'm not to familiar with Carnival so I don't know how this works. We picked our room from a specific category on Spirit. Now we see that new requests for that category are automatically upgraded to from A to C. Does that mean we are stuck now while everyone else after us moves up? Just our luck if that is the case.

Do they ever upgrade you even if you have selected the room?

And now the final question:

Do I sound whiny? lol
Old 01-06-2008, 10:38 PM
well so i am told here is the deal:

If you find any special about upgrades and you don't already had made your last payment you can upgrade your cabin.
Just call
1-800-carnival and ask them
problem is
if you have a Travel agent, he is the only one that can make that change
for all I know if you are not on the 3 months period of your cruise that can be change
but have to do it quick...
Old 01-07-2008, 12:36 AM

Not whiny at all.

Casanova stated this very well. If your final payment date has not passed, they will usually give you the same deal. If you ask!

There are some exceptions, if it is a special that is limited to new bookings only for example. Also the current price point would most likely apply.

I have changed my booking category before the final payment date without any problems, and received the upgrade. Carnival is usually pretty good about doing this. I would do this quickly as Cas mentioned, those C cabins may not last long, at least the best selection of them. Good Luck!

Dwayne
Old 01-07-2008, 08:32 AM

Thank you both very much. I took your advice even though we already paid in full initially and this is the results:

We called Carnival and they refered us to Expedia where we booked it initially. Expedia checked and Carnival was willing to upgrade us. We are celebrating our anniversary so my husband mentioned that in hopes someone would have a romantic heart. Unfortunately the upgrade was to a suite at a substancial additional cost. We opted not to upgrade. But here is the really disappointing news:

When asked when our anniversary is my beloved, sweet, adorable husband who has been in this marriage as long as I have gave the WRONG date! He's gonna pay folks. lol!!!!

Again, thank you so much.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:22 AM
Upgrade if you can

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread