Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2005, 10:26 AM

Hello. I have a suggestion. I have cruised on Royal Carribean and Princess. I have not cruised on Carnival yet. Anyways, they are probably the same when it comes to luggage, I would imagine. You might want to pack the stuff you think you might need for the first day/night in the bag you carry on yourself to the ship. Our first cruise, I did not do that. My bathing suit, and some stuff I wanted the first day were on the luggage we gave to the porters at the terminal. You most likely won't get your luggage for several hours. For example, we just got off a Princess cruise. We gave our luggage to the porter at the terminal at about noon, and we boarded the ship. We did not get our luggage till about 6:30 pm. Luckily, I planned on this. We had our pool stuff with us, and some tolietries. Anyways, I hope this helps you. Every cruise we have been on, this is pretty much the norm. I also heard several people in passing saying they had not gotten their luggage yet either. Well, enjoy. Bye, Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-23-2005, 12:30 PM

Thanks for the helpful hint Lori. I had an idea to both hubby and myself wear back packs onto the ship for extra stuff like this. We can also each carry bottled water(our TA recommended for this trip)in them. They'll also be helpful on the excursions to carry water, swimsuits, sun screen, etc..... as well as stuff we might buy while gone.I cannot tell you how excitedd I am right now, it's just not getting here fast enough.
Martha
Old 08-23-2005, 12:52 PM

Marathom,
I sail out on the Conquest the week before you, (9/11)and i cant wait! Ive been to Cozumel once, and you are right to take a backpack. I had to buy a "souvenir" bag when i got off the boat because i didnt have anything to carry swimsuits, t-shirts, etc. in. Did some snorkeling at Chankanaab Park. You cant go wrong there. The water is so clear you can see people scuba diving 40 feet below you. I think they have all the gear you will need, although you might have to change in a bathroom. Dont ask me why they dont have an actual mens and womens changing facility. You would think that with the amount of people they get in there that they could build a decent locker room.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:07 PM

I have thought about that Chankanaab Park, it looks like a good deal and offers all the water fun,shopping and eats, I think we might just go with that. We're not drinkers so I didn't want a "party like" atmosphere if I can help it. Snorkeling sounds good to me, too claustrophobic to scuba, and sounds like a god place to do it. Did you get to do the Dolphin thing? I REALLY want to get to do that if I don't get to do anything else the whole time !! Will you let me know how your trip goes? Looking forward to hearing..............
Old 08-23-2005, 02:34 PM

No, couldnt afford the dolphin thing (like 80 bucks a head), but we are going to try to scuba dive this time. I am certified and my wife is not, but you dont have to be to do it down there. Im claustrophobic too, but scuba diving doesnt affect me at all.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:00 PM

I'm thinking about a "happy medium". I've heard about this snuba thing, I might be able to give that a try, you don't go real deep.
I hope you have a wonderful time !!
Old 08-24-2005, 05:58 PM

46 days here - Carnival Conquest out of New Orleans...any advice from the experienced folks out there (this is our 1st cruise - mom, dad, 13yo Son, 9 yo daughter)
Old 08-24-2005, 06:01 PM

Hey Marthathom...

We are going to do the backpack thing too - we have backpacks we got at a sporting goods store - very nice day packs with integrated 2L hydration systems! (we got them for hiking, but we think they will work on the cruise too :-)

Closed Thread