Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2008, 08:37 AM

7thson, do you think the Cabin Steward had any idea that your mattress tricks were to show displeasure in any way? He was probably laughing his head off with his fellow crew members about the people who paid so much for a balcony room and then ended up sleeping on mattresses on the floor.

Sandy
Old 07-03-2008, 10:21 AM
Banned

Thanks for all of the suggestions about not taking a balcony guarantee. I wish that I would have known about these forums at that time and I could have gotten better info than what the TA recommended. It was the first time that we booked a balcony and the TA told us that that was the best was to do it.

In my original post I wrote that we never booked a guaranteed cabin again.

The main reason that we put the mattresses on the floor was because we requested a double bed and we wanted to sleep next to each other not on separate bunks.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:16 AM

quote:
The main reason that we put the mattresses on the floor was because we requested a double bed and we wanted to sleep next to each other not on separate bunks.

I don't understand. Are you saying you had twin beds in your room rather than a double bed?

Do you know that all twin beds can be pushed together by the room steward and made up as a double bed? That's what most double beds are on a cruise ship, twins that are made up as a double. Did you tell the room steward that you would like your beds together instead of apart?

Sandy
Old 07-04-2008, 08:57 PM
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Sandy:
quote:

I don't understand. Are you saying you had twin beds in your room rather than a double bed?

Do you know that all twin beds can be pushed together by the room steward and made up as a double bed? That's what most double beds are on a cruise ship, twins that are made up as a double. Did you tell the room steward that you would like your beds together instead of apart?

Sandy

All 4 beds were built into the wall like murphey beds or beds in a studio apartment. They were attached to the walls and could not be moved. They were on a hinge and stacked like bunk beds. 2 beds on each side of the room. All 4 beds could be swung up into the wall. I guess this would be a good arrangement for a family of 4 and the parents weren't interested in romance or if you wanted to have room to have others for square dancing but when you are celebrating a anniversary it doesn't work. Even if it wasn't our anniversary any trip is a special occasion and we want to be able to sleep together.

I don't really want or expect any special treatment just because it is our anniversary (I always crack up when posters will be <removed> because it was their anniversary, honeymoon or birthday and they were disappointed that they crew did not bow down and kiss their <removed>. Mostly everyone on a cruise is celebrating a special occasion of some sort even if it is just celebrating life and having a good time. I wouldn't expect the crew to give anyone any more attention than any other passengers because we should all be treated the same and if not then we were cheated. Since that cruise we don't indicate celebrating a special occasion because we don't like the embarrassment of the crew singing at dinner or any other acknowledgment) but when they ask if there is a special occasion that you are celebrating you would think that they would use a little common sense and not give you a cabin with bunk beds.

As I posted before we will never ever take a guaranteed cabin. We now pick our room as we are not willing to leave it to chance. The more you cruise the more you learn about what is comfortable for you and what to avoid. Everyone has different needs and comfort levels. All you can do is read all the posts and sift the <removed> from the sand and make your own opinion.

<Edited borderline and thinly disguised words>
Old 07-05-2008, 03:29 AM

I want to make sure that everyone knows 7thSon's experience did not happen on Carnival. This thread could be confusing for readers of the forum who may think it relates to Guaranteed Balconies on Carnival.

Dwayne
Old 07-05-2008, 07:37 AM
Administrator

Thanks Dwayne. I hadn't realized we hijacked a thread about Carnival and turned it into a Princess thread.

Carnival quads do not come in the style described above.

Closed Thread

Tags
bed, beds, bunk, bunks, cabins, carnival, cruise, cruises, double, line, norwegian, pull, pushed, rooms, ship