Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2008, 09:38 PM

Hello All!

Last year we went on Carnival Pride to the Mexican Rivera. We brought two of our children with us. The room (balcony) isn't designed very well. When you enter the room, the bathroom is on the left, (closets on the right). The bunk and the bed underneath is right next to the bed.

I have learned from crusing before to bring extension cords to plug in a night light, plus a way to plug in our cells, etc. Unfortunately, on the last night, they require you put all of your luggage OUTSIDE your stateroom, well the extension cord was packed, and of course I got up to go to the bathroom and SMACKED my head so hard on the bunk (such a stupid location) when I woke up in the morning, my entire head was covered with blood.

I should of notified Carnival of the design flaw, but didn't feel like hasseling with it. If you book a room with the bunk feature, INSIST they put something soft on the corner just in case you do the same stupid thing I did.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:38 PM

Hello All!

Last year we went on Carnival Pride to the Mexican Rivera. We brought two of our children with us. The room (balcony) isn't designed very well. When you enter the room, the bathroom is on the left, (closets on the right). The bunk and the bed underneath is right next to the bed.

I have learned from crusing before to bring extension cords to plug in a night light, plus a way to plug in our cells, etc. Unfortunately, on the last night, they require you put all of your luggage OUTSIDE your stateroom, well the extension cord was packed, and of course I got up to go to the bathroom and SMACKED my head so hard on the bunk (such a stupid location) when I woke up in the morning, my entire head was covered with blood.

I should of notified Carnival of the design flaw, but didn't feel like hasseling with it. If you book a room with the bunk feature, INSIST they put something soft on the corner just in case you do the same stupid thing I did.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:19 AM

Hi SherryBabie, Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

Gosh, that is a terrible thing to have happen. I did something simular in my bedroom at home while getting up in the dark. I had moved a glass top end table to a different location to put my suitcase on while packing for a cruise 2 years ago. I got up in the middle of the night and bumped into it pretty hard, resulting in a pretty bad cut and bruise on my leg.

The take away from SherryBabie's terrible accident should be to leave on a light source in unfamiliar surroundings. Whether it is in a cruise cabin, a hotel room, or one's own home (especially if you move something).

Before I started taking a night light, we would leave the light on in the bathroom, and the door opened a little.

quote:
Unfortunately, on the last night, they require you put all of your luggage OUTSIDE your stateroom,

While I have great deal of empathy for this awful accident, I have to correct this statement. Carnival does not require anyone to put all of their luggage out. There is the "self assist" option. I put out everything except the backpacks, which we carry off board. Mine usually has my clothes from the night before, my camera and valuables, and the powerstrip and night light in it.

I am so glad you posted this. If this helps anyone to avoid a simular accident, it will be well worth it.

Welcome aboard,

Dwayne
Old 06-23-2008, 01:13 PM

Alas... I had a similar incident. Although, in my case, I seem to have blurred recollections of Jagermeister being involved.
Old 06-23-2008, 01:28 PM

Moral of the story here is leave the kiddos with Grandma and get a balcony for two. No pullmans and no kids in your cabin? Truely paradise!

Cheers, Neil
Old 06-23-2008, 03:44 PM
Administrator

Uh Neil...let's not go there, please...

SherryBabie, I am sorry to learn of your accident. I hope you weren't seriously hurt. Thank you for posting this as a warning to others.

And, welcome to cruise-chat!

LisaP
Old 07-01-2008, 03:35 PM
Banned

The first balcony we ever booked was a balcony guaranteed with Princess. We got a cabin with 4 berth beds. We have never booked a guaranteed cabin again because of that.

We asked to be moved but were told that there was nothing else available. To show our displeasure we would take two mattresses off of two berths every night and put them next to each other on the floor and sometimes on the balcony. The room steward never said anything; he just kept putting them back in place.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:24 AM

quote:
The first balcony we ever booked was a balcony guaranteed with Princess. We got a cabin with 4 berth beds. We have never booked a guaranteed cabin again because of that.

We asked to be moved but were told that there was nothing else available. To show our displeasure we would take two mattresses off of two berths every night and put them next to each other on the floor and sometimes on the balcony. The room steward never said anything; he just kept putting them back in place.

7thSon, That was an awful thing to do to the Steward!

They had absolutely nothing to do with your cabin assignment. In fact, no one on the ship probably had anything to do with it. The Ship Coordinators are land based. The ships usually sail full, so they had no place to move you to.

My suggestion is, if you don't like the luck of the draw with guarantees, is to book an assigned cabin in the future. Please don't take your dissatisfaction out on the crew.

Dwayne
Old 07-02-2008, 05:28 AM

I agree it was a very improper thing to do. Not only could the mattresses been damaged, but you took a lot of time away from your cabin steward. Why would you be upset anyway? I have stayed in cabins many times with upper berths. I have never considered them in the way when they're folded up.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:19 AM
Administrator

quote:
We asked to be moved but were told that there was nothing else available.

So what were they supposed to do? Come in and remove the upper berths? I don't understand why it was a problem anyway. When folded into the wall or ceiling they are not in the way. Are you saying the upper berths were lowered into position?

quote:
To show our displeasure we would take two mattresses off of two berths every night and put them next to each other on the floor and sometimes on the balcony.

You willingly let the cruise line pick your cabin and then blame the cabin steward. Sort of like yelling at the convenience store clerk over their gas prices. Any guesses as to who won the crew's award for most annoying passenger of the cruise?

Closed Thread

Tags
bed, beds, bunk, bunks, cabins, carnival, cruise, cruises, double, line, norwegian, pull, pushed, rooms, ship