Just came back from my 7-day Western Carribbean cruise on Carnival Conquest. I want to start a list of things to bring for the new cruisers:
1. Bungie cord to keep the door open (balcany state rooms)
2. Extension cord/electric outlet for your electronic items (only 1 available outlet in your stateroom)
3. Cloth pins to prevent the shower curtains to stick on you
4. 6 Packs/12 Packs of your favorite softdrink (just to save you a few bucks)
5. Bottles of water if you don't want to drink the ship's tap water.
6. Extra batteries (or battery charger) for your camera or anything else that is battery-dependent.
7. A disposable underwater camera if your regular camera is not waterproof. That way, if you go on a snorkle excursion or something similar, you won't pay high ship prices for a throw-away camera!
some more things to add, I travel with a virtual meds so if any one needs anything in our group they come to me as they know I have it.
insect spray, cortizone ointment or cream (the Beach Sand Fleas and other small bugs that bite}
medicated baby powder
sunburn remedy (to buy on ship or shore very expensive)
pepto in tablet form
aleve or advil
small sewing kit
I also pack extra AAA and AA batteries, they to are expensive on board and on shore
sun screen buy it here in states Very expensive on board and on shore
the multi shoe holder was the best money I ever invested in, it has over 20 little compartments and I use each and every one of them so things are easy to find and stored it fits right on the bathroom door and everything is within reach, also I bought a hanging folding soft plastic sweater holder its got 5 or 6 compartments in it, hangs in the closet for extra storage space for clothes, shoes or whatever another great 8.00 investment folds flat in your suitcase, does not take up much space and sure comes in handy!!!