Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2009, 06:37 AM

Well... I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later. Ex-teen 80's heartthrobs are hitting the high seas on a cruise leaving from Fort Lauderdale on May 15. I don't know what line but I know it's a 4-day cruise. I don't know if their appearances will cause an unusual amount of people to go overboard but they should have the Coast Guard on alert. I hope that it's not on HAL... break dancing could result in hip replacements.

Old 01-14-2009, 08:27 AM
Administrator

We need to alert everyone to avoid that cruise at all costs. Counselors may be needed to handle those who booked without knowing.

I remember a cruise aboard the Triumph in 2003 that was partially taken over by a group - this being "Quinces, Your Fantasy At Sea". Being a rube from Alabama, I assumed it was a celebration of the fruit and set out looking for jars or quince preserves and other delicacies. I was aghast when I learned it was really a few hundred girls from the Miami area celebrating their 15th birthday. Oh, "keen says"! We tripped over them and their video crews all week, got run out of pools and lounges because they had reserved them, and it was just a great time.

I never did get my jar of preserves.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:32 AM
Administrator

This will certainly be overrun with fans. I've been trying to get onto their Web site for more news to share and the site is too busy!
Old 01-14-2009, 09:15 AM
Administrator

I finally got in - the cruise is on Carnival Imagination, departing May 15, 2009.

I can't provide a direct link as it is also a booking engine (admins also have to abide by the forum rules) - but their Web site is nkotb.com if anyone wants to see for themselves.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:34 AM
Administrator

I looked at it. Apparently the whole ship is chartered so anyone going is a willing kool-aid drinker. All that is left are a few cat 5 and 6 cabins. Cheapest remaining fare - $1328 per person. I guess the lowest was around a grand each. And it is a 3-night cruise.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:52 PM

when carnival used the holiday for housing for the katrina victims we were booked on her and had to change ships. so we switched for the same week we were booked on the holiday to the celebration. Carnival handled the original booking and then the switched booking for us.
well it was a gay and lesbian group cruise. And since my sister and I have been happily married women for a long long time we didnt quite fit into the cruise. The group cruisers dominated all of the dances, and clubs the whole cruise(usually with a sign on the door saying private party). There was no night life that we could enjoy on the cruise.
I dont have a problem with the group, I did have a problem when carnival switched us at our request because of cancelling our original booking...that they didnt inform us there would be a large group cruising on the ship (almost 900 in the group). Carnival told us it was not there responsibility to tell us there was a large group on the ship when i called to complain after the cruise. My complaint was we could not go to any clubs or listen to music because it was a private party.
lesson learned....I always do a google search on the internet to see if there is a group cruise for the ship I am fixing to book before booking....
Also I dont care what the large group was wheather is was a gay and lesbian cruise or a street rod group cruise... that was no my complaint, not being able to enjoy all of the activities on the ship was my complaint.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:38 PM

I have some high school friends going on The Rock Boat cruise on the 17th. It is on the Destiny. I believe it is a chartered cruise.

Dwayne
Old 01-18-2009, 01:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by IslandCruz:
I have some high school friends going on The Rock Boat cruise on the 17th. It is on the Destiny. I believe it is a chartered cruise.

Dwayne
According to John's Blog that was a Charter.

Your High School Friends don't happen to be Stevie Ray Anderson and Buzz Pickens???

They are both on Artimis Pyles' last album.
Stevie Ray on Bass and Buzz on keyboards.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Your High School Friends don't happen to be Stevie Ray Anderson and Buzz Pickens???

No, just some adoring fans. I didn't know who half of those bands were. Sort of a shame, I basically live across the street from a House of Blues and they've probably been here. Give me a Styx, Boston, Journey, REO, and AC/DC cruise (with original members) and I'll be the first one to book.

They actually had a few of them together on a cruise a few years ago, but I couldn't go at the time.

Dwayne
Old 01-26-2009, 02:00 AM

Here is a link to some Info Carnival posted about the cruise my friends went on.

I don't think Rick Springfield is going to help with future bookings.

I better duck and run from the GH 80's fans.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
block, blog, blogs, contest, cruise, door, fans, group, ideas, kids, member, nkotb, reviews, rick, rules, springfield