Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2010, 01:43 PM

question is it safe to bring jewlery on a cruise ship? I was wanting to bring my wedding rings, but is concerned about securing them in the safe provided in the rooms while on the excursions. Recently my husbands wedding band was stolen from a hotel room and was never recovered, needless to say we are concerned. What do you guys think?
Old 01-27-2010, 01:49 PM

Macy, I never take good jewelry with me on my cruises. Even though some cruise ship cabins have a safe, I don't see the point in bringing good jewelry with me, so I don't. And it's not just the cruise ship experience. I don't want to worry about any jewelry floating off my hands if they're in the ocean, or whatever.

I usually wear a costume jewelry wedding ring that I bought onboard my last cruise!
Old 01-27-2010, 03:53 PM

We have never had anything missing from our safe. However I am with Sandy on this why bring it? If you want to wear a wedding ring around the ship get a cheap knock off.

Old 01-27-2010, 04:21 PM

thanks guys! i will use this advice
Old 01-27-2010, 05:25 PM
I have never had a problem with anything of value on my cruises...The safe if the room is very secure, but when in doubt, most ships have a larger safe to but your high priced valuables in....but then again, we don't bring many valuables with....and not much cash either....Happy Sailing....

Bob E
Old 01-27-2010, 05:45 PM

I think they will be safe in the safe. I've never had a problem with storing valuables and cash in the safes. Definitely don't wear jewelry on shore excursions.

Dwayne
Old 01-29-2010, 10:30 AM
I have never had an issue with anything I have brought onto the ship..from cameras to jewelry. Go to www.qvc.com and look at their Diamonique collection. It is wonderful. I own several rings and earings and don't have to worry if they get lost or stolen; although I would be sad because I love them so much.
Old 01-30-2010, 05:13 AM
I have never had a problem with leaving stuff in safe which included my wallet, cell phone, and extra cash;but you need to do what will make you feel comfortable. It is your vacation and the last thing you want to do is worry about things.

Closed Thread

Tags
bring, carnival, cruise, hotel, jewelary, jewelry, jewlery, leave, lost, ring, room, safe, ship, stolen, taking, wear, wedding