Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2006, 08:07 PM

I am a first time cruise and concerned on whether I will get sick and not be able to enjoy the cruise. I have been on boats before and do not get motion sickness but I heard this is different and the water may be choppy and you can feel the motion more. I am going in August 2006?

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 02-18-2006, 10:29 PM
Banned

You haVE 2 CHOICES........!
have (2) alcoholic drinks as you get on board, medium strenght or take a pill call bonnie or dramamine..for motion sickness...if you are on a big ship you have nothing to worry about...
what you will get is "sea legs " after the first or second ports of call.... you will feel like your at sea with slow movement, but your not. this will go away after your in land for more than 24 hours
you'll be fine if you try to relax...your not going to Mars..!
HAPPY SAILING BABY! : )
Old 02-19-2006, 06:11 AM

Quote:
I have been on boats before and do not get motion sickness but I heard this is different and the water may be choppy and you can feel the motion more.
Chances are you'll be fine, especially if you've been on ships before. Just in case, you can take ginger tablets or candied ginger with you, as that works well to settle a queasy stomach. Also, you can buy Bonine or Dramamine before you go and take that with you, or get some onboard the ship if necessary.

These ships are big and motion tends not to be a problem.

Sandy
Old 02-19-2006, 08:01 AM
I have done three cruises and I have only felt a slight amount of motion for a few hours on one of them. The ships have stabilizers that do a pretty good job.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......
Old 02-19-2006, 09:32 PM

I went on my 1st cruuse last Aug. I didn't get or feel sick at all. When I got up from bed or tired at night i had something called sea legs.
I describe it like all of a sudden you loss balance alittle enough to be funny. That's all and i wasn't even drinking. No problem.I felt a bit of movement in the theatre when my legs were crossed they moved ever so slightly. Forgst about it. Bring something to take just in case. Sit back and enjoy being spoiled and pampered for a week. You will have the best time in your life.
Bon Voyage
Jackie from Canada
Old 02-19-2006, 11:01 PM

Me and my wife went on the Conquest in June 2004 and the Valor Sept. 2005 and both times were fairly calm. The only times we felt the ship moving was when we were coming back to New Orleans and Miami. I'm told the reason you feel the ship moving more when your heading North through the Gulf of Mexico you are going against the ocean currents and it tends to make the ship move a little more. It's not to the extent that you will notice a huge movement and you'll probably only notice it when you are sitting down for dinner and if you have a few drinks!!!

Old 02-20-2006, 01:52 PM

I think whether you get sick or not will depend on how sensitive you are to movement. If you have any inner ear conditions, you might feel the movement of even a large ship more than most people.

My husband and I have taken 3 cruises and are set for our 4th this year. I really got sick on our 2nd (Mexican Riviera) because the seas were pretty rough. Therefore, last summer, I requested the patch (You put it behind your ear.) from my doctor even though we were cruising on a very large RCCL ship -- Adventure of the Seas.

Even though the Southern Caribbean waters were very, very calm, I did have problems with sea legs, nausea and dizziness as I do have a middle ear condition. I had to use the patches, and they helped 100%.

Good luck, and happy cruising!

Veracruz - '85
CCL Tropicale - '94
RCCL Adventure of the Seas - '05
CCL Valor - '06
CCL Victory - '06
Celebrity Century - '07
CCL Triumph - '07
CCL Victory - '08
NCL Gem - '10

Closed Thread