Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2010, 07:47 PM

Thanks all, many others and myself had campaigned to Carnival for several years to give us a ship. So yes, I am excited my wish finally came true.

I'll be on board for a tour and lunch next month and am really looking forward to it. I didn't expect a fully "Evolutionized" ship. Heck, I would have been just as happy for the Holiday to have come.

Penny, I wish you could have been there too! I would have treated you to lunch at Bubba Gump's

Dwayne
Old 05-20-2010, 08:32 PM

Sorry for the double post, but she is not fully "Evolutionized" yet as I said. I see some additional Balcony Cabins in her future going by the crystal ball.

Dwayne
Old 05-21-2010, 06:00 AM

I'm so glad you're going to get to tour her. I'm really seriously considering the Bermuda cruise. I know there's not a whole lot of time in Bermuda, but a day before and a day after in Charleston sounds like a great vacation. Bubba's menu sounds yummy, but no prices scares me
Old 05-21-2010, 11:20 AM

The Bubba prices are not bad at all. I forget exactly what I ordered, but it was in the $10 range. They don't post the prices as they vary by location. The food and atmosphere is fantastic for a chain restaurant. The Best Western King Charles Inn mailed a brochure and letter to me last week. I haven't checked their rates, but they have free parking for the overnight stays, and $8 parking to leave your car during the cruise. Not sure if they have a shuttle or what the taxi rates are yet. I'll check it out when I'm back down there next month and meet with the GM if I can. I usually stay at one of the Marriott properties as my best friend gets me a friend and family rate.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:17 PM

That's why I've been staying at Westin properties, one of my student employees works there and can get us friend rates.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:44 PM

Those friend rates are awesome when you can get them. I used to go to any Marriott for $35. Now they base it on availability. Well, if my friend knows the GM of a particular property he can still "hook" me up.

I'll most likely drive down from the parent's lakehouse at Lake Marion. It is about an hour and 20 minutes or so. It is technically closer for me to go down 17 from where I live, but the drive takes longer than leaving from the lakehouse. Plus I used to hate the old bridge.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
2009, back, bahamas, carnival, charleston, charlreston, cruise, fantasy, forum, location, review, reviews, sc, ship, tips